Ram?

Last Updated: 2010-06-19 00:24:14
  1. kkwan77

kkwan77 Well-Known Member

Has it been confirmed how much RAM this puppy will ship with? 512?

Advertisement
  2. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

It hasn't been confirmed as far as I have seen, but I would expect a minimum of 512 MB. Maybe it will have 1 GB to raise the bar some?
  3. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Yeah I doubt they will ship it with 1GB, I would think 512 MB
  4. MikeGL2

MikeGL2 Member

I really wish someone would look at the RAM.. there are a few first hand views that have already taken place with this phone, but nobody thinks to check out this spec.
  5. haha
    i would check that s#it immediately upon first boot. Now if i was introducing or reviewing the phone, you can bet all your marbles that i would have had a detailed specsheet up already
  6. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's amazing that there are these "tech reporters" who don't report on the tech ("it's sooooo pretty!" :rolleyes: ). Oh, and their photography skills suck too. :rolleyes:
  7. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I can't believe it would only have 512. Can you saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overclock? ;)
  8. Wolfedude88

When Steven is posting on the phones forum, you know it is going to be a big hit. :D
  9. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

This might be a dumb question here, but what does overclocking have to do with the RAM?
  10. Steven58

I appreciate the shout out. :) Sometimes I feel as if I need to get away from HTC Incredible forum. I like it here. Nice and quiet. Nice people. Great phone. :)
  11. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

+1. i was gonna say the same thing but i decided not too lol
  12. Wolfedude88

No problem, yeah it is nice and quiet here for now, I still don't think this thread will ever catch up to the Incredible's thread. It was epic for a while, I like the peace here though.
  13. Steven58

overclocking has to with processor speed... it requires rooting and more battery power. conversely, underclocking will use less battery power.

I guess it comes from the term: the speed is clocked at 1 ghz., etc.
  14. jreed2560

But processor speed has nothing to do with ram. Overclocking the phone doesn't change the amount of RAM available.
  15. kkwan77

kkwan77 Well-Known Member

Correctomundo! Two different things.
  16. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

Yea so I don't know where this came from...just a mixup?
  17. Steven58

yeah sorry...i'm @ work doing 2 things at once.:rolleyes:
  18. jreed2560

heh we've all been there before its no big deal. Just didn't want some noob to sneak in here asking a bunch of questions about oc'ing to get more ram :D lol
  19. matty032

matty032 Well-Known Member

I thought I saw a spec about 8gig. Rom, or Ram?
  20. jreed2560

8 gig internal storage. Not for apps( atleast not until 2.2) but for music, pix, vids, and the like.