Random Alarm

1. rdottriz

rdottriz New Member

I've been looking for an application that would let me set an alarm in a way where there can be an "Earliest Time" and a "Latest time" and the alert would go off randomly between these times. A few people (as well as myself) were talking about how we get so used to waking up to the alarm clock and knowing exactly what time it is, that it makes it hard to find the motivation to get up until the very last minute (moreso if you are naturally lazy).
    So here's my general idea breakdown.
    I could wake up as early as 5:45am but need to be out of bed no later than 6:30am. If the alarm could just randomly go off at some time between this parameter, it would kind of FORCE you to get up because you really don't know what time it is - maybe it's 5:45, or maybe 5:58, 6:02, or you may be running late at 6:30... who knows?
    I would love it if I could randomize my clocks too, as setting them ahead just seems pointless when you know the REAL time anyway... but that's a different story...

Advertisement
    :
  2. NedortGames

NedortGames Member

Ive started working on this ill be done in 2-3 days
    :)
  3. rdottriz

rdottriz New Member

I personally think this is a great idea - I don't know how everyone else feels about it, but I think it's marketable.
    Thanks for taking on the task - feel free to make millions :D
  4. NedortGames

NedortGames Member

should have a version up by today or tomorrow!
  5. lasdogin

lasdogin Member

i think iphone‘s default alarm can meet that need for me,:D
  6. Aluxian

Aluxian Active Member

Any progress so far?
  7. bryhil7

bryhil7 New Member

Its an interesting idea.
  8. james899

james899 Member

There's mystery alarm clock on the play store.

Also, for more complicated scenarios you might want to look into the tasker app. I think it has a "random" variable which could be used to do things like this.
  9. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member

did anyone ever make this app?
  10. bryhil7

bryhil7 New Member

I looked into it but moved on to more exciting things. Best work around "Open your alarm time settings => hit buttons up and down with eyes closed".

Really though the fastest solution would be to go and get the Clock application from the AOSP and modify it. It's pretty small and should not be too much work. I'm not sure the demand is there for a random alarm clock. There are better ways to get you out of bed. Some alarms make you solve math problems OR GPS coordinates must change before you can "dismiss" your alarm. THAT'S motivation to get up!
  11. adzy2k6

adzy2k6 New Member

I think I can do this. Will be doing it in limited free time though so could be a few days.
  12. conscientech

conscientech New Member

Very good idea