Random Battery Level Degradation ProblemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. viraj6990

viraj6990 Member

I m having these weird battery issues...

So, the battery level is 50% at an instant, then, suddenly, it shows the battery level less than 1% notice n phone switches off..then..as soon as i plug in the charger n switch power on..the battery is 50%!!!

This has happened quite a lot of times..sometimes 30 to 0..sometimes 40 to 0..

Can anyone please tell me whats the problem n its solution??

2. Josh-SonyXperia

Josh-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

It could either be the battery defective or maybe the software on your phone. To confirm what is the case I'd suggest to run the Repair Phone option on PC Companion and lets see the results.
    viraj6990 likes this.
  3. viraj6990

viraj6990 Member

Thanks for the reply,

I tried the repair option through the PC companion but dont know y..due to some error..its always showing update failed to install,etc..
    So, the repair thing is out of options now..
    Btw, the did a factory reset instead n will observe the battery for the coming 2-3 days...

Are there chances that the problem will b solved by the factory reset?
    If yes, lets c...
    But still if it doesnt get solved, what would u suggest b done?

4. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

5. viraj6990

viraj6990 Member

Thanks Sam,

I finally reinstalled the update..

So, now after a factory reset n software update reinstall i guess on the software front everything is done..

Now, how to detect whether it was a software problem or a battery defect?
    I mean, ideally, how can i confirm that the problem is totally solved?(like, how many days n how to observe the battery level, etc.)

Thanks for the continuous support.
  6. Sam-SonyXperia

With this type of problem it should occur again almost immediately if the update does not resolve it.
  7. viraj6990

viraj6990 Member

Observed 2-3 battery cycles..
    No sudden drops observed..
    I guess the problem is solved! Thanks!

Now, what could have been the problem?
    I mean, i wanted to know in order to avoid it happening again..

Thanks, again!
  8. Sam-SonyXperia

It was likely just part of the operating system not behaving as designed. it can be a bit tricky to verify what exactly was the catalyst for this though.
  9. viraj6990

viraj6990 Member

it all started again!...I thought this was the best phone!!..that belief is fading nw!
    Battery went from 20 to 0..then 0 to 20 in an instant after i plugged in the charger..
    The service center guys say tht they would hv to observe the battery and/or hardware for issues for 3-4 days before they can give me a replacement battery or motherboard or whatever..I M IN WARRANTY!...n i cant b without the phone for so many days!..
    Its annoying nw..
    Xperia ppl plz tell me wht to do!!!???
  10. Josh-SonyXperia

Josh-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

It is really unfortunate but you'd need to send it in so that this issue can be resolved. In the meantime I'd suggest to contact your phone service provider to see if they can give you a phone during the repair process.