Random calling on Droid?

Last Updated:

1. ocean1

ocean1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

anyone else have the Droid call random people on your contacts? Man the other day it dialed someone I really didnt want to talk to. Does it every few days. Does anyone else have this issue?

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

This is the first time I'm hearing of this issue. Holy crap! Sounds like you have an app that's trying to make it onto the next "Apps Gone Wild" video.

3. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Well-Known Member

does this happen when it's charging? lots of ppl have the problem of random calls when using an aftermarket charger

4. judgeholden999

judgeholden999 Member

I've had this happen to me a few times. One time I clearly selected my wife from my contacts and after a few rings my boss picks up, who is also a woman. Luckily I didn't say anything i shouldn't have. But I have also noticed when I look down that my phone is in the middle of a call, which could cause problems or atleast annoyances.

5. Zoompy

Zoompy Member

there is another thread on this somewhere.

After you end a call you end up on the call log screen, press HOME to get back to the default home screen then lock - that solves it. Some freaking bug i guess.

6. dsmith

dsmith Member

You are not alone, my first Droid would make random calls from my call log when I was ending a call. The only way to stop it was to jerk the battery. Just one of the reasons I returned it.

7. gangster28

gangster28 Member

I have a problem with the speaker on the droide and when i make a call with my bluetooth i notice it takes a few seconds to hook up.
    I only have the phone one week and I already have issues with it, i am thinking of giving it back to verizon, does any body these problems?

8. jamesdean

jamesdean Well-Known Member

I also have had this problem randomly. In addition to it dialing someone different from the contact I selected, I have also seen erroneous missed calls in the call log. Not entries that should not have been there but the wrong contact information for a missed call.

9. i2qusea

i2qusea New Member

my phone used to make random calls all the time, then i read about not call log prefs in another post. I downloaded it about a month ago and my phone has only made one call since.

you can set it up to automatically go back to the home screen after using the phone. totally seemed to fix my issue.

PMulveyhill likes this.
  10. JDW

JDW Well-Known Member

Yeah, I use that "not call log prefs" app as well. Never had a bad call since. After a call, it sends phone off the phone app, to your choice of a couple screens. I choose home.

PMulveyhill likes this.
  11. PMulveyhill

PMulveyhill New Member

Please, Please where do we find the 'not call log prefs' app??? I'm making random calls constantly.... Thank you!

12. i2qusea

i2qusea New Member

should just be in the market, at least it used to be there.

PMulveyhill likes this.
  13. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Well-Known Member

its in the Apps market...I got it a couple months ago. Search for NOT CALL LOG and you should see it - Roger Lemon, Visicor Inc. is the developer.

PMulveyhill likes this.
  14. darreno1

darreno1 Well-Known Member

Can't say I ever had this problem but I do have a habit of closing the phone app and locking after making a call. So that could explain it.

15. John Connor

John Connor Active Member

had this happen to me once, in the worst time... was headed to a bar with friends, doing some pre-drinking when i looked at my phone and noticed a call was in session with my gf.......

i told her earlier i was going to sleep.....

i dont know if thats worse or my phone deleting all my text meesaging threads every day!

16. Morristad

Morristad New Member

I have had this happen to me as well. I noticed this happens only when I make a call through bluetooth through my Sync System in my car. After the call is over my phone will proceed to call the person back over and over until I turn bluetooth off. I just reset my phone back to factory, I will let you know if that fixed the issue.

17. Sass1972

Sass1972 New Member

I just bought my android last week. and noticed today it was calling random people on my contacts even while my phone was locked. How would this happen? just as another person here said, It wasn't people I even wanted to talk to.

18. CaffeineTripp

CaffeineTripp Member

Bringing up an old thread with the Galaxy Note 4.

Yet another person with this particular problem. Would attempt at calling someone and another person starts to be dialed. Would randomly not sit on the dialer for 10+ seconds before hanging up sometimes and then call someone else.
    Have been using stock everything minus Nova Launcher. I usually have a Bluetooth connected as well, but I doubt that's the immediate problem.

Attempting to use Not Call Log Classic (Roger Lemon Apps)

19. CaffeineTripp

CaffeineTripp Member

Have downloaded, installed, and used the Not Call Log Classic app to no avail. Still randomly calls when sitting on the Favorites screen. My guess is there is some interference between the facial recognition software and the calling software. When the last call happened with the app installed I was looking away from the screen holding it at a ~60* at my chest area.

20. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

This is posted in a very old (dead for three years) thread for a very old phone (Motorola Droid). You would get better results in the forum dedicated to your device. What is it?

... Thom