• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Crashing of Captivate Browser

3gAndroid

Android Enthusiast
Aug 23, 2010
CA, USA
(disclaimer: yes... I did a search first... :))

OK Android lovers here's the issue:

My Captivate's browser will crash / shut down, upon attempting to launch a web page.

This occurs with random pages, it happens about once out 20 times I go to load any web page.

It does not happen on the all pages, just certain pages. (I've failed to note which pages so far) When it does happen, if I try to open that same web page again again, it crashes. If I immediately try another web page it's fine.

My Captivate is original, w/ver 2.1 Eclair, not rooted (yet) and otherwise operates very well. So far it's the only bug I've had.

All feedback welcome... thanks!

I've seen much the same thing on occasion, although usually if I restart the browser and go back to where I was when it crashed, it works fine the second time. I have no explanation or fix, but I can at least commiserate. ;-) For me it hasn't been too bad actually, happens once every couple days and only takes a few seconds to restart.

Upvote 0
I've seen much the same thing on occasion, although usually if I restart the browser and go back to where I was when it crashed, it works fine the second time. I have no explanation or fix, but I can at least commiserate. ;-) For me it hasn't been too bad actually, happens once every couple days and only takes a few seconds to restart.
True... I've been doing the same thing. Just wondering if there was a fix. It's not a big problem, just something to report.

Thanks... :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones