Random Crashing of Captivate Browser

Last Updated:

1. 3gAndroid

3gAndroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

(disclaimer: yes... I did a search first... :))

OK Android lovers here's the issue:

My Captivate's browser will crash / shut down, upon attempting to launch a web page.

This occurs with random pages, it happens about once out 20 times I go to load any web page.

It does not happen on the all pages, just certain pages. (I've failed to note which pages so far) When it does happen, if I try to open that same web page again again, it crashes. If I immediately try another web page it's fine.

My Captivate is original, w/ver 2.1 Eclair, not rooted (yet) and otherwise operates very well. So far it's the only bug I've had.

All feedback welcome... thanks!

Advertisement
  2. ulbonado

ulbonado Well-Known Member

I've seen much the same thing on occasion, although usually if I restart the browser and go back to where I was when it crashed, it works fine the second time. I have no explanation or fix, but I can at least commiserate. ;-) For me it hasn't been too bad actually, happens once every couple days and only takes a few seconds to restart.

3. 3gAndroid

3gAndroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

True... I've been doing the same thing. Just wondering if there was a fix. It's not a big problem, just something to report.

Thanks... :)

4. mash4077

mash4077 Active Member

my take is maybe its a sight with some type of malware or other code attempting an exploit on your system or browser but it just causes the browser to crash instead
    no evidence to suppoirt this theory other than it only happens to me when I .ahemm accidently visit some less then reputable websites