Random dead spots on touch screenSupport

1. Droidood

Droidood Well-Known Member

Anyone know what could cause this or how to fix it? They're not exactly 'dead spots' I guess, but when I touch one of these spots the phone thinks I'm touching something nearby instead. If there's one on the E, it will think I'm pressing W, S, D or R instead -- and there's nowhere I can press that will produce an E.

They come and go without any rhyme or reason, but they're usually in the same 3 or 4 spots. Sometimes restarting will fix them, sometimes it won't. I've pulled the battery for 10+ minutes and cleaned the contacts but that made no difference...

Also:
    - My phone is not rooted, nor has it ever been.
    - I still only use the same 2 chargers I've used since I bought the phone (last November)
    - I haven't installed any new apps in the past few weeks (problem started 3 days ago).
    - I haven't dropped my phone or let anything splash on it

Only app I had that was always running and had updated recently is LauncherPro... I say 'had' because I deleted it an hour ago to see if the problem would go away, but it's still too soon to tell :rolleyes:

Advertisement
    :
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

When you say cleaned the contacts - are you referring to the physical KB, or did you open up the phone and clean the actual contacts for the touchscreen to the circuit board(s)?
  3. Droidood

Droidood Well-Known Member

Just the contacts for the battery since other people said that had worked on similar issues. I have no idea how to open up the phone and clean any other contacts :eek:

Anywho, I did a factory reset + formatted the SD card and the problem has only progressed. I'm gonna take it back to Best Buy later to see if their notorious "warranty service" is of any use...