1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Random Dialer/Contact app crash to home screenSupport

1. 2484Stryker

2484Stryker New Member

Hi guys,

I have the Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate 4G (SGH-T959P) with the latest Android update available (gingerbread.ptlkh2). I have a few apps installed but not many at all. My problem right now is that on occasion, my dialer and contact list will crash without warning and gives no error messages. I will tap the dialer icon and start dialing in the phone number, and mid way through the dialer app will just disappear and bring me back to the home screen. Same thing with entering the contacts screen or even the call history screen - all these will sometimes just close and disappear. No error messages are given at all.

It's rather annoying when you're trying to dial a number or checking your call history.

I've tried uninstalling all my apps, but none of them seem to cause this.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. tripplec

tripplec Well-Known Member

You'll likely need to do a master OS rewrite of the software. Contact Samsung for assistance/directions and if that does not fix it then the phone is defective.
  3. knguncle3

knguncle3 New Member

Stryker,

Did you fine a solution? I have exact same phone and problem.