Random Emails, messages of Facebook and HotmailSupport

Last Updated:

1. J3bus

J3bus New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm not sure why but I just got this phone and I keep getting random messages from a random number;

(67001518): <Hotmail> Daily Makeo: DailMakeover.com - Lost Password http:/m.mail.live.com/?mkt=EN-CA&cr=34 <Reply M for more>

That is 1 of the many messages I got.

Right now I have 3 messages like that and the numbers are similar,

67001516, 67001517 etc.

Can anyone help me with this?

Advertisement
  2. Redsnapper

Redsnapper Member

I get messages like this from MSN/Hotmail when one of my contacts sends me a mobile message. I would guess one of your contacts is infected with a virus and is spamming this to everyone on their contact list.

3. fc3sbob

fc3sbob Member

sorry to bring this thread back up, but I get about 5-10 of these a day and it's becoming VERY annoying, sometimes they come in the middle of the night and wake me up.
    anyone else having this issue?

this is the latest one I just got

67001481: <Hotmail> Eric Santo: http://m.mail.live.com/?mkt=EN-CA&cr=34 <Reply M for more>

since this is in the Motorola Milestone specific forum, I might make a new thread about this in another section where more people will see it.

4. aminaked

aminaked Well-Known Member

I don't think this is a problem with the phone. Someone is sending you these emails. That person's email account has been compromised.

5. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Well-Known Member

Just put the sender on the spam list and have it deleted when its received. Of course when you need to recover you own you would need to delete it to allow the recovery of your own password.

6. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Could not agree more. Phones do not send emails from addresses different thant yours.