• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sortsol

Mar 16, 2010
Hi,

I haven't seen this mentioned. Maybe I shouldn't be so picky, but my phone will randomly freeze. Sometimes it will become unresponsive and I have to press the power button and shut it off and press it again to turn it back on and all is fine. Sometimes I will wake it up and it will be unresponsive for a 6-10 seconds and then it will work fine.

On a possibly unrelated note, the keyboard acts up now and then also. I'll press the backspace button and some random letter will come up on the screen.

I've restored to factory settings once and that didn't fix anything.

Just wanted to see if other people's phones are doing the same thing. If they are, then I'll live with it and assume a software update will fix it. If not, then I may see about getting it replaced.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi,

I haven't seen this mentioned. Maybe I shouldn't be so picky, but my phone will randomly freeze. Sometimes it will become unresponsive and I have to press the power button and shut it off and press it again to turn it back on and all is fine. Sometimes I will wake it up and it will be unresponsive for a 6-10 seconds and then it will work fine.

On a possibly unrelated note, the keyboard acts up now and then also. I'll press the backspace button and some random letter will come up on the screen.

I've restored to factory settings once and that didn't fix anything.

Just wanted to see if other people's phones are doing the same thing. If they are, then I'll live with it and assume a software update will fix it. If not, then I may see about getting it replaced.

Thanks,

Mike

Mine is most definately NOT doing this. Just to confirm...after the factory reset, you didn't install any apps, correct?

My first inclination would be a problematic App.

You could have a bad phone that needs to be replaced.

Reactions: sortsol
Upvote 0
Mine is most definately NOT doing this. Just to confirm...after the factory reset, you didn't install any apps, correct?

My first inclination would be a problematic App.

You could have a bad phone that needs to be replaced.

Yeah, I thought apps also, that's why I did the factory restore. Without installing any apps, it has the same problem. I called customer service, and she told me to take it to a corporate store.... Problem is that it's completely random (although in a 10 minute period of using the phone, I can almost always reproduce it.)

Upvote 0
Yeah, I thought apps also, that's why I did the factory restore. Without installing any apps, it has the same problem. I called customer service, and she told me to take it to a corporate store.... Problem is that it's completely random (although in a 10 minute period of using the phone, I can almost always reproduce it.)

Yea, I'de take it in, and make sure they know sometimes it takes over 10 mins for it to happen. If you can find anything that makes it happen more frequently, make sure to note that. ( Like perhaps having a certain game running it might crash more often. )

Upvote 0
Mine did the exact same thing. It did it during my first start up. My wifes is perfect, but mine would freeze ALL the time. I would have to push the top button as well or use the optical joy stick. I did a factory reset (wipe) late last night. I had a down loaded live wall paper that I think was my issue. It has been ok so far. If it happens again, I'm going to Verizon to check on the update or exchange it.

Upvote 0
Min eas doing the EXACt SAME THING yesterday and this am. I turned off and on and it has been okay for a bit. I, too, will be bringing it in if this continues. I was SOOOOO upset last night and this am b/c I really love the phone. And the thought of having to re-link contacts and everything is making me wanna puke if I have to have factory re-installed.

Upvote 0
Mine's doing the same thing!!!! I got the phone the day it came out and it started a few days ago after the update and loading up a bunch of music. It froze so bad yesterday I had to take the battery out to restart it! And the keyboard issue is happening more and more. I can click in the box but when I type, it doesn't show up.

I'm going to wait for the next update before calling cause I don't want to have to go though reconfiguring all my settings again. Hopefully the next update will fix it.

Upvote 0
Mine's doing the same thing!!!! I got the phone the day it came out and it started a few days ago after the update and loading up a bunch of music. It froze so bad yesterday I had to take the battery out to restart it! And the keyboard issue is happening more and more. I can click in the box but when I type, it doesn't show up.

I'm going to wait for the next update before calling cause I don't want to have to go though reconfiguring all my settings again. Hopefully the next update will fix it.
+1 mine does it at least two times a day and it freezes everything where I have to actually remove the battery to get it to work..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones