random issues since flashing 2.1, never seems to get betterGeneral

Last Updated:

1. lady3jane

lady3jane Active Member This Topic's Starter

ok, so i did the whole flash to 2.1 thing and then the updated one that came around not too long ago.

just like the first time, it worked great for a few days and then just starts doing funky things. i have actually not put on a whole bunch of apps in the hopes that it would help.

- the touch keyboard messes up constantly with huge lags and no matter how often i turn off haptic feedback, it comes back on. i know it's not perfect, but this is freaking ridiculous.

- when dialing, there are all kinds of issues. if i try to tap on the call history, it quite often will do a reload right when i tap so i end up calling the wrong person. but it doesn't do it all the time. and then trying to get the phone to hang up is a PITA. when i dial and hit send, the screen will go black, then show the lock screen, then show the in-call graphic, pretty much every single time i make a call. it just gets worse over time.

- the battery seems to have lost any sense of charge. sometimes it will last for days, sometimes it goes to red after a few minutes of use. i don't talk a lot on it and the amount of battery life left doesn't seem to correspond to the way i'm using it logically. (one day i can use the internet all day and gmaps navigation, fine battery. the next day i can send a few texts and bam! no battery. i always charge it at night.)

- the browser is really screwed up. it populates all these weird websites i have never gone to even tho i delete the history and no one else uses my phone. half the time when i click on links they don't open and i have to close the browser and start over. the other half of the time, the browser just crashes repeatedly.

i am just getting so frustrated using my phone that it's not really "fun" anymore. i have done battery pulls and all that, and it will be fine for a day and then it's back to its old shenanigans.

due to some nifty corporate cell plan stuff, i can do an upgrade now (not free, but good discount).

i could do any other android phone on verizon. (droid, incredible, blur).

i went and tried them in the store, but since my issues show up after days not a few minutes, i'm just trying to figure out what the deal is.

i can't really return the eris under the mfr warranty since i flashed it and it's still working - and who wants to go back to 1.5? :)

is there anything i can do to my eris to get it working right? or is this "normal"? i'm just concerned about getting the DI or the moto droid and having all the same issues again.

Advertisement
  2. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

My advice would be to read the 2.1 bugs and fixes as well as the thoughts on 2.1 v3 leak threads. Then head over to the droid and incredilble forums to gather as much information as possible on those phones and see what kind of issues people are having with their phones. I know this would be a lot of work but at least then you would be making a well informed decision. Unless multiple people had all three phones and all gave you the same advice it would be hard to take their advice IMO.

3. lady3jane

lady3jane Active Member This Topic's Starter

i saw the v3 post right after i posted this. i must not have had enough coffee yet cause i ALWAYS check the top for new updates. oh well.
    i'm trying that now, but if it goes like before, it will be great for a few days, then poop out.

i have been reading the other threads, but you're right, no one can really tell me since no one probably has had all 3.

i just totally can't go back to winmo or a regular phone now after being so spoiled by even a faulty android product :)

4. smacky

smacky Banned

I would recommend reinstalling the ROM. I've just read of people saying that would fix any of their issues.

But the battery issue is just weird. If reflashing it doesn't work, take it in to the store and see what can be done. If they can replace it and not make a big deal out of 2.1, then go for it. If they start giving you a hard time, I would say just sell the phone on eBay or Craigslist and use that money towards buying a new phone.

If you can manage with the phone until about June or July, the Nexus Two and Droid 2 are due soon so you could either wait it out for the best phone on the market, which will change quickly but..., or you can grab a Droid or Devour at a much cheaper price when these new phones come out.