• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Random Phone Shut-Off's

I know there are a few threads on reboots already, but my phone has shut off about 3 times in the past 3 days. You can't turn the phone on without taking the battery out, i've also had 1 reboot.

Has anyone tried the factory reset, and has this helped anyone?

Is it worth going to exchange this one, and get a new one? Some people seem to think it's a software problem, and I don't know if a new one will do the trick. Thanks.

Can somebody who had the random reboots issues and who exchanged the phone confirm that that solves the problem (Meaning that is not software issue) My phone reboots every 2 days or so, most of the time when it just does nothing. But most of the time when the battery level below 20% or when it's charging.

Upvote 0
I am wondering the same thing. About 12 or so random shut offs, ie power re-cycles. It happens at various times (random) when navigating, browsing, and even today when swiping my finger on the sensor. I am also thinking of swapping the phone but if its SW then maybe I shouldnt. Battery life isnt great either. Seems like others are doing better.

Upvote 0
I have had the same reboot issues. The phone has shutdown on me at least 7 times in the last 2 days. Now its completely dead. I am suspecting I ran out of battery but I remember it was showing 30% just sometime ago and I didnt use it after that. The GPS was turned off.
Its a pity because when the phone works, its great. Much better than the iphone. Might try to get this one exchanged.

Upvote 0
I was having issues with the music player while in cardock. Phone would freeze then reboot itself. Thought this was due to using an alternative launcher. After doing a 2nd or 3rd factory reset, I kept the phone stock and it did it again. I've since loaded GoLauncher and stopped using the music player, instead using PowerAMP. Hasn't frozen or rebooted yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones