Random questions I couldn't find on here...General

Last Updated:

1. BiggusDiccus

BiggusDiccus Active Member This Topic's Starter

1. Can you adjust the bluetooth volume independently of the main volume?
    2. Can you set the bluetooth to turn on/off automatically at a certain time? Like can I have it turn on automatically at 5 when I am off work? Is there an app for that? lol
    3. Does anyone know a good program for identifying a song playing on the radio? All I could find was something called Midomi Music Identifier. I don't mind playing for apps, but I was wondering if this is worth it and/or is there a better one paid or free out there?
    4. Can I create a new profile for a different ringer setting. I use a profile scheduler and I would like a single ping with vibrate for work and regular ringer for home. The vibrate on the phone is not very strong so it's not working out too well, and I don't want to leave the normal ringer on at work. My only options seem to be silent, vib, ring and vib+ring. Can I create more like I could on my BB?
    5. I loaded a full length movie onto my phone (star trek) and after about 30-45 minutes of playback the video becomes choppy and the audio is not synced properly. I tried a couple more MP4 videos and the same thing happened anywhere from 30-60 minutes in. I am using the standard video player installed on the phone. Anyone else experienced this? Would an aftermarket player work better? The same video files works fine on my Zune and Itouch. I am using cucusoft dvd to MP4 converter software...is there a special setting I should set the conversion to?
    6. Does anyone want to buy a used BB 8130? :)

Thanks for your help :)

Advertisement
  2. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

Shazam - look no further.

eu1

3. mj_b90

mj_b90 Well-Known Member

Haha There's an app for that. The free version of Locale can do what you need.

4. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

5. BiggusDiccus

Great :) But I cannot find a free version of Locale? Just the $9.99 paid app. I don't mind paying for apps, but free is usually cheaper than $9.99.
    Can you give me a link or bar code?

Thanks

6. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

yeah Locale is NOT 9.99 :)

WAIT~!!!!!!
    it is now $9.99!!!
    wow!
    im glad i have it save on my phone...
    if it were aloud i would give u the .apk...but its illegal :)
    wow...

7. stmartin84

stmartin84 Well-Known Member

There is an app called Foxyring. It does pretty much the same thing as Locale, but doesn't ALWAYS work based upon locations. I would say with very good certain that it works 96% of the time.

8. droid-dohrk

droid-dohrk Well-Known Member

Toggle Settings has profiles you can set for certain times. I haven't tried the profiles, but I use the app. I just played with the profiles. However, one *note*, if you turn on the profiles to play with them and then you uncheck the Profiles in the Settings, everytime you reboot your phone, it seems to load those Home profile settings. Also, the Home profile settings is FULL VOLUME. heheh I didn't know this at first. I restarted my phone and BOOM it was loud. I changed the volume, rebooted, it was FULL VOLUME again. Then I figured out it's the Home Profile, so I just enabled the Profile tabs and Edited the Home profile. I wonder if uninstalling/reinstalling would remove the default profile and then stop loading it at boot time.

Another app, which I haven't tried, is called timeriffic. It gets very high ratings.
    I just read about it again:
    Control mute, vibrate, brightness, wifi and airplane on/off custom to your schedule.
    Create your own profiles, by time and day.

Maybe not what you are wanting.

9. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

I use timeriffic, its a great app ... but it wont do anything with bluetooth

10. mj_b90

mj_b90 Well-Known Member

The full version is $9.99. But I'm pretty sure that the beta is still free. That does everything I've needed.

Locale v0.695 beta Application for Android | Productivity

11. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

The Beta is no longer available, it is now a paid app only. This is directly from their site:

12. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

I have used several apps to create ringer profiles. To me, Ear is the best for MY needs.

Don't need time or location dependent switching. Just want it to switch easily to ring on / off, vibe on / off, BT on / off, GPS on / off, WiFi on / off.

That, it does very well.

13. droid-dohrk

droid-dohrk Well-Known Member

Actually, it is there in the Market app. I looked for it a few minutes ago. Search for "locale beta" and you'll see the beta 0.695

14. BiggusDiccus

I used an app called quick profiles, and I can create plenty of new profiles...but I cannot change them automatically. I am not too concerned about changing the profile based on my location, but something that will allow me to BOTH: create AND automatically change profiles based on time and day is what I am looking for...

15. jbarrett020

jbarrett020 Well-Known Member

I concur with this, This app nails it every single time even on brand spankin new songs and it saves your tags and will search you tube for you if you feel like listening to it or you can buy it too.

and its free. it listens for 10 seconds and about another 10 seconds of doing its thing and there you go.

i wish i knew how this app worked, i find it mind blowing

16. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Nice find :cool: