1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

random reboot on lg motionGeneral

1. zylux

zylux Member

I don't know about any one but i had being getting some reboots without knowing why, has any one got any thing like this happening ? Kinda like the esteem

Advertisement
    :
  2. HereticSins

HereticSins Well-Known Member

Nope, not here.
  3. MotoTriumphant

MotoTriumphant Well-Known Member

Yea I've had some random reboots I'm not sure what's the cause
  4. traajik

traajik Well-Known Member

no sir
  5. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

notta
  6. cjbandroid

cjbandroid Well-Known Member

Before I rooted my phone, bricked it, and recovered it....

I did get a few random reboots. Maybe two or three total in two weeks of fiddling with it.

Since then... rock solid, rooted, running everything under the sun - Pocket Cloud, SaMBa, Barnacle, WiFi Tether, Directory Bind, all sort of things that would tax the OS. Seems pretty solid now.
  7. TheGoodMan

TheGoodMan Well-Known Member

No issue for me.
  8. zylux

zylux Member

to c if is some app i have that is doing it or what ....got to get to the bottom of this somehow,, still a solid performance on the phone liking that was just curious on the issue
  9. MotoTriumphant

Same here man idk wtf is causing the reboots! My baby needs to be healthy again.
  10. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder Well-Known Member

I've had a couple, pretty sure it's always been when wifi was on and I had gone out of range.
  11. MotoTriumphant

Im having reboots lets say 2 times a day but its not full reboots its like fast reboots where it just reboots the UI but looks like a real reboot idk wtf is causing this any help??
  12. LGismyVISION

LGismyVISION Well-Known Member

It is either caused by your phone needs to litterally reboot the whole interface , Its kinda quick , or either it needs to do some sort of app process that is hogging your memory . I learned because a Samsung Epic 4G does that , When a app (Once it was Dead Trigger) is in the background and hogging about 60 or more percent of memory or a component in the UI is misplaced/shown wrong , The system does a quick/SOMETIMES full restart to fix/stop the problem , It happens on my Epic 4G (Cracked Screen), Viper 4G (Hated it!), HTC One V (Kinda good but slow), My old ZTE Warp (Da bomb with the ROMs and themes!), Anything ussually with that process installed by the creator of the phone , In this case :/
  13. L34k3d

L34k3d Member

Is there any way to stop this from happening? Or a way to find out which app/program is causing it to happen? (The LG Motion's I have are all rooted, I have 3, and are 3 all suffering from what appears to be completely random reboots.)
  14. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

I think it has to do with the kernel :(
    L34k3d likes this.