Random RebootSupport

Last Updated:

1. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have noticed my Evo will Randomly reboot on it's own lately. I'm not sure why. It happens simply when I'm moving thru phone. For example, I hit the home key last night and it rebooted. Sometimes if I open up a app it mite reboot. Just checking with you guys to see if you have any suggestions. It doesn't happen all the time but I am noticing it since 2.2.

Advertisement
  2. rsg71

rsg71 Member

just happened to me this morning. Haven't noticed it much before, will keep an eye on it (hopefully my good eye :))

3. I want my EVO

I want my EVO Well-Known Member

Happened to me too yesterday. I have had the phone since launch day and its never happened before.

When it happened I had a call coming in, went to swipe it out of lock mode and Bam Reboot.

This is something ill keep an eye out for.

4. t1jordan

Yeah im very concerned about this matter. I don't want to make a big stink out of it but this should be discussed. I'm sure other people are having the same problem. They are just not speaking about it.

5. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

There are a ton of reasons why this might happen. It's nearly impossible to isolate the root cause for everyone, so... put on your Sherlock Holmes hat, and see if you can figure out if there was something you changed about your phone recently. Maybe that's the culprit. Upgrade to 2.2? install a new app? rooted? throttling CPU? accept an OTA update? task killer? too many widgets on home screen?

6. t1jordan

No Task killers, not rooted, im on 2.2.

7. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

the point of my post was not to hopefully name something that you recently did. it was for you to think about what change you made to your phone recently that could be a culprit. There's got to be something. If not, it's time to contact Sprint.

8. t1jordan

I know, I haven't done anything weird to the phone lately. So I'm probably going to call them tonight.

9. Doomstang

Doomstang Well-Known Member

My phone restarted in the middle of the night 2 nights ago while charging on my night stand...first time I've had that problem and it hasn't happened since. Was a bit annoying to be woken up by the boot music :(

10. t1jordan

looks like we may have an epidemic on are hands

11. Roymus

Roymus Well-Known Member

Thanks for the post, I have also noticed this lately and thought it was just my phone. I recently installed the Thunder Live Wallpaper, thought that might be it so I changed back to a static wallpaper...now I know that's probably not it, but will leave it on static just in case.

The reboots are troubling, but I have noticed something that's even more of a pain: occasionally my touchscreen will lock up for no apparent reason. Phone and text still work for incoming, but I can't do anything else. The hard buttons work (volume and power), I can't turn the phone off as you have to select the Restart option from the dialog and it's frozen...is there a way to restart using some combination of hard buttons? Sometimes phone will "unlock" itself after a few minutes, but usually I have to do a battery pull...not recommended while you're driving! Anybody else notice this, and if so is there a possible fix? I'm running rooted stock 2.1, planning to go to rooted 2.2 once unrevoked 3 is back up. Thanks!

12. mdwamp

mdwamp Active Member

This has happened to me often. I've been on phone calls when it decided to reboot, navigating through menus and s couple times while it say on the night stand charging. I've been advised to type in a code that clears gps memory, but it hasn't helped. Sprint seems to have no idea what is causing it. Go figure.

13. Synergy81

Synergy81 Member

So far it's happened twice today in the last couple hours since Sprint "fixed" it yesterday. I don't have a lot of apps and just 2 widgets running. 2.2 stock. I have pdanet going and battery status pro running and did notice today and at one point it said discharging even though it's set to charge only and usb debugging is enabled. When it came back on the battery was at 8%. When it rebooted was said it was 100%.

It did happen one time in the car charging. Really hope something gets done about this soon!

EDIT: Just did it again. 3rd time in about 3 hours.

14. Kapado

Kapado New Member

same damn thing been happening with my evo, wtf, anyone has fixed this problem yet??

15. Synergy81

Synergy81 Member

Going back to Sprint this morning. Has already happened twice in about 15 mins.

16. ordcavms

ordcavms Member