• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Random rebooting after rooting

Are you planning to test Launcher Pro?

I have been using Launcher Pro Plus and Widget Locker on my phone before and after root. Everytime I try to edit settings on either app the phone kept on rebooting. My corporate account also started acting up so I decided to remove the root and wait until Froyo comes out to attempt another root. I do miss the wireless tether app but I am using the pdanet and it is a great app as well.

Upvote 0
Mine shut off last night while trying to download a app in the market place. Has been rooted about 3 days now and had 1 reboot.

I noticed my first reboot the same way. I was downloading the New York Times app. I had been rooted for a couple days but had just removed several apps and had installed the custom Elliot Stocker music player.

What seemed to work for me is reinstalling the deleted apps and returning to the stock music no player. No reboots since then.

Upvote 0
I noticed my first reboot the same way. I was downloading the New York Times app. I had been rooted for a couple days but had just removed several apps and had installed the custom Elliot Stocker music player.

What seemed to work for me is reinstalling the deleted apps and returning to the stock music no player. No reboots since then.

Weird thing is i havent deleted anything. Or changed much of anything, only thing i did was rooted it, installed the wifi teether and the drocap. It stayed that way for days until when i tried to install that one program. But i have been on it all day and havent hit a hitch yet.

Upvote 0
I've been researching a bit on rooting before I pull the trigger and came across this thread. Just wanted to add that I've gotten random reboots on my unrooted X from time to time, though only every few days or so. The latest was yesterday when I plugged it into the car dock w/ power, so not necessarily an isolated root problem as far as I'm concerned.

Upvote 0
Same issue here, periodic rebooting. I use "Good Technology" client and on occasion reboot immeadiately after login. I had been trying to load some custom themes prior to this starting. I am rooted with BusyBox, and I did an update of BusyBox at the same time as facebook. It seems to have started right around the Facebook/Busybox update on Tuesday. Thinking about doing a restore back to factory and see if I can reload everything..

I should mention that the login to "Good" is the only time I can get the reboot to happen on demand, and only on occasion. the rest of the times are pretty much random.

*edit* Under Settings > About Phone > Status > there is an option for "up time". It would be interesting to see if the supposed reboots are resetting the "up time" for the phone. I am not sure that mine always are, so it might be some sort of application soft reset?

Upvote 0
After turning off a lot of the main os apps from being killed (including voice apps, emergency alerts, city id, etc) from auto task killer, I hadn't had a random reboot. I deleted ATK a few days ago and still haven't had a random reboot. For those with the random reboots try turning ATK off for a day or two and see how the phone is doing :)

Upvote 0
-blah-

*edit* Under Settings > About Phone > Status > there is an option for "up time". It would be interesting to see if the supposed reboots are resetting the "up time" for the phone. I am not sure that mine always are, so it might be some sort of application soft reset?
I checked and the reboots are resetting the up time. Does this mean that we have some application installed that is doing this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones