Random Reboots 2.1 DE03

Last Updated:

1. Solo

Solo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I've recently flashed 2.1 DE03 with custom recovery, and rootv7, then Calkulin's updated 1.4 rom for de03.

Anyway every few mins it randomly goes sepia coloured and reboots itself. Anyone else having a similar issue?

Advertisement
  2. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

I've seen a couple of spontaneous reboots with the beta and one with de03 about 5 minutes ago. No sepia screen though.

3. Solo

I redid everything. The problem seems to have stopped...hope I haven't spoken to soon tho.

Sigh...spoke to soon...

4. htcman724

htcman724 Well-Known Member

reflash everything just leave calks roms out and see if it still does it.if it does there might be a problem with the processor.

Solo likes this.
  5. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

Throughout the ownership of this phone, I've been on these boards reading about loose sliders, airplane mode lockups, cdma lockups, and phone lockups... etc etc. I wouldn't be surprised to find that the manufacturing process (or parts) lack proper quality control.

6. Solo

I will try this. I will be going to best buy tomorrow as well to pre-order the evo as well. I know all Smart phones will have issues. but the moment just had/has to many in which I had to rely on the kick ass devs over at sdx had to fix or create work arounds. I really want to love this phone.

7. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

Look at the forums for just about any smartphone out there and you'll find pretty much the same thing. The details might vary but the theme will be the same. For build quality, at least materials choice Samsung can't be faulted. Compared with my previous phones, this thing is a tank. With the TP, I had it wrapped in protective plastic from day one. The day I took it off, it scratched up all to heck. I don't baby the Moment, throwing it in gym bags, briefcases and pockets with change/keys, no case or screen protector and it's without a scratch. This doesn't in anyway excuse Samsung for the hardware issues or the lackluster customer support, I just love the devils advocate role.

8. neutron

neutron Well-Known Member

I just had my completely power off at random. Had to take out the battery and put it back it to get it to power on.

Quite annoying... I just updated to 2.1 yesterday.

9. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

I'm talking about internals, not the shell. Shell's fine.