Random reboots and freezesSupport

Last Updated:

1. longdaddy

longdaddy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My X has already been randomly rebooting at least 3 times since yesterday last one froze the phone and i had to do a battery pull anyone else been expericeing any of this just asking cause i might got a lemon and need to exchange it

Advertisement
  2. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

I had one reboot today. I was unlocking the screen and putting up with the haptic feedback lag issue. I started playing with the lock slider, sliding it back and forth without touching the unlock dot. Then I tried a long press on the lock slider and it shut my Droid X down. After I reboot, I tried it again to see if it was a "feature", but I couldn't reproduce it.

3. PurePursuit

PurePursuit Well-Known Member

I had one lock up on my first day, had to do a battery pull. Its been great since then. The overall system could use some polishing (Running ADW which has improved much, but even that could use polishing). That being said the phone is quite amazing, and once we get 2.2 this will be a battle axe.

4. JRJ

JRJ Well-Known Member

I have only had one lock up that required a battery pull so far. It had to do with the stock music player and some mp3's with expired licenses and I was able to duplicate it 3 times. Once I removed those songs from the phone the problem went away.

5. sx4dude2013

sx4dude2013 Well-Known Member

i have had one freeze issue as well...i had to do a batt pull to bring her back to life..no issues today...mabey the new update will help "polish" the system?

6. Beasnizzle99

Beasnizzle99 Well-Known Member

I had 1 battery pull....i woke up this morning and it wouldnt unlock......screen stayed black.....

7. PurePursuit

PurePursuit Well-Known Member

lets just be thankful we don't have to be a genius to pull our batteries :) Seriously though, no problems today, 12 hours of run time (heavy use), very very minor issues that can be expected. Really enjoying the device still.

8. Sek0n

Sek0n Well-Known Member

I had that same problem twice today. Found out what was causing it though, at least for me.

I keep it plugged into my PC usb(not sure if it does it with the wall charger), and if I unplug it without turning it on it first, it wont awake from the black screen. Have to do a battery pull to get it back.

Was still working though I think, because I got a few alerts when it did it. The screen just wouldn't turn back on.

9. Beasnizzle99

Beasnizzle99 Well-Known Member

yea mine wasnt charging at all.....i was letting it sit out all night....weird....i hate trying to do the battery pull because my little pull tab is torn off already.... :(....but havent had the prob since....we will see.

10. kkwan77

kkwan77 Well-Known Member

Is anyone still getting the random freezes? I still get this off and on... generally it takes time for it to clear up... it's like the resources is bogged or something. Another thing I noticed is turning the screen off and back on instantly fixes this.

Is this just me?

11. shopbeth@gmail.com

shopbeth@gmail.com New Member

My phone freezes on start up and also on a game. I have to power it off or pull the battery. VERY FRUSTRATING and not what I expected from an expensive phone.

12. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

My phone has rebooted atleast 20 times since yesterday afternoon when I got it. Is there a way to reflash the firmware? I really hate to wait two weeks for them to send me a replacement

13. cloudnueve

cloudnueve Well-Known Member

I been having these same issues. Lol, I'm having it happen right now. It seems like the only way to fix it is reset data/factory and wipe cache. I thought it was custom rom related, but every rom I tried...it still happens.

Also, this been happening alot with my replacement phone and not as much with my old phone. Hope that helps.

14. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

Wow, over a year!