Random reboots (brand new phone)Support

1. vaselinequeen

vaselinequeen Member

Hi guys,

I just got my S2 over a week ago from T-Mobile in the UK, for the first 5-6 days it worked like a dream, no problems at all. However in the last couple of days, the phone has randomly crashed and rebooted itself 4 times, three times while playing a game, and once while using the internet.

I have downloaded quite a lot of apps, however there is plenty of room left on the phone. nothing happens before it crashes, it just cuts out.

I have got free insurance on the phone for the first month (I could only return within 7 days) so what should I do here? Or is there an easier fix? My phone isn't rooted.

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. steslatt

steslatt Well-Known Member

What software version is on your phone? Press *#1234# on your dialer. Old software was known to suffer from crashes and random reboots. My phone did it when it was new. It has been fixed in newer software versions so you may need to update.
    vaselinequeen likes this.
  3. vaselinequeen

vaselinequeen Member

ok here's what comes up:

PDA: I9100BOKE3
    Phone: I9100BOKD1
    CSC: I9100TMUKE3
    Build Info: Wed My 4 22:27:06 KST 2011...

Any ideas? Thanks for replying so quickly!
  4. steslatt

KE3 is quite old now. My original was KE1 so you could be suffering from the same problem. I'd try updating your firmware either through Kies or odin if you want the latest.
  5. vaselinequeen

vaselinequeen Member

Thanks. I have tried updating by Kies (I have a Mac) but there doesn't seem to be any option to update, it just says current firmware version and doesn't say what the latest firmware version is.

How would I update by odin? Sorry to be a n00b but I have no idea what this is.

thanks again.
  6. steslatt

7. vaselinequeen

vaselinequeen Member

thanks again steslatt. Would you recommend backing up before installing the new firmware? Cheers!
  8. steslatt

Yes a backup is good practice just in case anything goes wrong. You won't loose any data when upgrading though so its up to you.