Random Reboots (even while talking)

Last Updated:

1. heavychevy

heavychevy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know it's an app, but can't figure out which one. Phone has been acting a little funny since I started running juice defender, I hate to say it, but JD might have to go.

Anyone been able to trace this to an app?

Advertisement
  2. J03

J03 Well-Known Member

nope, mine just started doing it lately. i'll be in the middle of a call, still talking, when I hear the evo opening screen noise. Look down and I'm like wtf? No JD here and no task killers.

3. travisr528

travisr528 Well-Known Member

I could never trace it either. I rooted and reinstalled all the same apps (minus the nascar and amazon mp3 apps) and I have not had a single reboot since. Also running OMJ v1.8 eclair.7/18/*

4. meyerweb

meyerweb Well-Known Member

Random reboots are very frequently the result of a bad app, or a conflict between two apps. They can be nearly impossible to figure out on a phone with many apps installed. Sometimes even the order you install apps can make a difference.

They can also be caused by a corrupted setting file somewhere. Again, almost impossible to track down.

If this problem starts after you install a new app, then uninstalling it is the first thing to try.

5. nightman78

nightman78 New Member

Had this happen for the second time yesterday. Nothing really special running apps wise.

6. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise Well-Known Member

I just had a random reboot talking on the phone with Google Nav running in the background.

7. JMD

JMD Well-Known Member

Only time mine's done it was with google nav and the audible audiobook app running at the same time and I got a call. not sure which caused it or if it was a combo of the two. It actually happened multiple times, would let me talk for 40 sec to 1 min then reboot.

8. heavychevy

heavychevy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Now that I think about it, I have had the phone reboot a couple of times while running the GPS Nav (both sprint and google). It would freeze and then restart. Maybe they don't work well together........

But no problems while running Cardio Trainer and using the GPS.