Random Reboots While Just Sitting There/WiFi OnSupport

1. kirbo20

kirbo20 Well-Known Member

My phone will randomly reboot only if i have WiFi on. To duplicate my problem all I need to do is enable WiFi and set it next to me. After about 10-15 minutes the device will vibrate and reboot. This has happened several times and has only happened when I leave WiFi on. Has anyone else had these problems, if not give it a try and see what happens.

Advertisement
    :
  2. NaplesBill

NaplesBill Well-Known Member

I leave wifi on all the time, no reboots at all. There were some people experiencing reboots mostly when using the camera. It seems to be faulty SD cards. You could try changing the SD card and see what happens.
  3. tmmcd93

tmmcd93 Member

yeah ive recently started using my wifi more. i dont know if its just doing it while that is on but ive had quite a few random reboots in the last few days. ive gotten them while using the camera(video/cam) and just . . well randomly. i think the phone has great potential....just not sure what it needs or doesnt.
  4. kirbo20

I found out what was causing it on mine. I had the HTC Mail client installed. I though it might be it so I removed it and now it doesn't do it anymore.
  5. v1nsai

v1nsai Well-Known Member

using htc apps on a moto phone is probably not such a good idea :p
  6. kirbo20

It worked great unless I was on WiFi.
  7. XDroidXUser

XDroidXUser New Member

I've had the same problem on my phone since I got it a week ago. I also had it get into a continous restart boot, in which case I had to take the battery out to fix. I did a factory reset on the phone. This fixed the boot loop but didn't fix the random restart with wifi on. I havent installed/deleted any apps since the factory reset. If anyone has any ideas let me know, otherwise I'm just going to get it replaced.