• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help random reboots

jreed2560

Android Expert
Dec 31, 2009
Tennessee
So I got my X yesterday. about 20 minutes in to downloading my apps the phone locks up and goes into a boot loop. I was having a mini panic attack right there in the middle of Sam's club! I finally get into the menu and perform a facotry reset. Problem solved? No It powers back up and as I'm going thru the activation process, the phone reboots again! WTF! I wait for it to come back on and I finally get it activated. Well as I'm going thru the menu checking the settings it reboots AGAIN. So all in all last night it randomly rebooted about 15 times while I was doing something different almost everytime. Needless to say I am very disappointed! Any suggestions as to what might have caused this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones