• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear.... ever since I installed this rom my phone random reboots about 10-15 times a day. What is the cause of this? I'll be playing a game and then it freezes and the phone reboots. I'll be uninstalling an app and the same thing happens. It is completely random but starting to get on my nerves. Any help would be appreciated.

*Edit* I have another problem as well. Every so often I'll turn my screen on and see "Android system has caused an error. Force close or wait?" or something like that. No matter which option I choose the system completely locks up and I'm forced to pull the battery. This stuff is starting to drive me crazy.

I swear.... ever since I installed this rom my phone random reboots about 10-15 times a day. What is the cause of this? I'll be playing a game and then it freezes and the phone reboots. I'll be uninstalling an app and the same thing happens. It is completely random but starting to get on my nerves. Any help would be appreciated.

*Edit* I have another problem as well. Every so often I'll turn my screen on and see "Android system has caused an error. Force close or wait?" or something like that. No matter which option I choose the system completely locks up and I'm forced to pull the battery. This stuff is starting to drive me crazy.

Not seeing any reboots at all here. Very stable. Are you running set cpu, or doing any over/under clocking?

Upvote 0
I had random reboots since I got the phone. After flashing Virtuous, the custom Kernel, SetCPU and the leaked radio 2.15.00.09.01, the problem went away. I can't say what fixed it. Now, if I could just fix the lousy call voice quality...

RomManager -> Download ROM -> Virtuous -> Extra Goodies -> DSP Audio Manager

If you haven't done this already.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones