• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Random reboots?

lucas.childers

Android Enthusiast
May 7, 2011
Me and my dad both got this phone, and it happens on his more than it does on mine. Sometimes we press the home button and instead of going to to home, it shows the HTC logo and the notification bar. Then shows a window that dims the screen saying loading and then going back to normal. Not to much of a issue but I'm just wondering why.

Thanks,
Lucas

Reactions: Dkyacht
Me and my dad both got this phone, and it happens on his more than it does on mine. Sometimes we press the home button and instead of going to to home, it shows the HTC logo and the notification bar. Then shows a window that dims the screen saying loading and then going back to normal. Not to much of a issue but I'm just wondering why.

Thanks,
Lucas

Hi Lucas I have the same issue with random reboots on my htc sensation. I went in to t-mobile but they had no info on the issue but did offer to replace it for free. I was just wondering if you have had any more issues since you wrote this? Thanks much.

Upvote 0
I believe this is just an OS issue trying to move with the dual-core. Here's how to simulate it..

When you open an app quickly, and before it loads, you hit the home button and it'll kinda hang and go to the HTC screen. Similar to Windows when you tried to close an app before it actually fully loads. There you will get an "App is not responding" message.

So, to overcome that, I normally just let the app fully load first before killing it even if I hit the wrong app.

I think its also a memory issue once you have too many things going at once.

Upvote 0
Yeah what you are describing is not really a reboot, but rather the Sense UI reloading. It usually happens when you are in an app that requires a lot of the phones RAM and it prioritizes the app you are using while disabling Sense. When you press the home button it then has to reload Sense into the memory.

It has happened a few times to me and while it is slightly annoying it's nowhere near as annoying as the reboots I experienced when I had a G2x for a while.

Upvote 0
not so sure anymore that its "moving too fast" on the phone that does it

this morning i was on the home screen, went to google voice, then the email app (not gmail, the email client), then clicked home.... *pfft!*

white screen
:/

and i really wasnt' going that fast!

Hmm.. I think and have heard that sense 3.0 is a memory stealer, once we have root, we will have maximum RAM. Because if I kill every app through task manager I still only get 200MB free. I thought I should at least have like 400MB because I know you'll never have 768MB but 200MB is just rediculous. It only restarts Sense to free ram and start over, can't wait to get CyanogenMOD on this beast.

Upvote 0
I have this same problem with my week old Sense. After quitting apps such as Googles, Layer and Maps I always have the Sense reloading icon. Quite frustrating. This still happens when I have very little running and open one app. I thought it may be a RAM problem although I am surprised. Tried removing the battery, still the same problem. I then run in Gingerbread and that is fairly slow to switch between screens and load them, Sense is much faster (when running). This is my first Android phone and I may be looking to install another release. Any help? Also... where do I feed this information directly to HTC. If this is their fastest device and it cannot run Sense fully they have to stand up and take notice.

Upvote 0
I don't know if it is just me but other than the constant reboots or whatever they really are there are tons of other issues with this phone. I am on my 3rd one from T-Mobile and everyone has the same issues that include: Random reboots, failed login to email when it is set up properly, lots of lagging, several times the map found me in my house with WiFi on and put me 2 blocks to the west, if you empty your deleted emails it deletes ALL your emails, I am sure there are several more things that I am forgetting about. the point i am trying to make here is its been a few months since this phone came out now and still there is no fix to a single one of these issues. Maybe coming from a iPhone my expectations were a little high for updates but this is ridiculous. If I had know it was going to be this terrible I would have gotten a phone that has been around for a while and had the bugs worked out of it. HTC needs to step up with a update ASAP!!

Upvote 0
Reboot used to happen randomly but now it happens EVERY TIME I exit the Market AND after installing or updating an app.

I'm going to call t-mo tomorrow. This issue is driving me crazy. I've been experiencing too many problems and I've only had this phone 9 days. This phone has so much potential, I don't want to give up on it. I hope the bugs will be fixed soon.

Problems I'm experiencing:
  1. Constant rebooting
  2. Apps randomly uninstall on their own
  3. Widgets produce static lines on the home screen forcing me to remove widget
  4. Missing features and apps (Reader app, Screen shot function, etc..)

There are other issues too but these concern me the most right now.

Upvote 0
I had the Sensation for two days but had constant reboots causing the triangle warnings in the upper left, mostly when receiving/sending texts. Also had the bottom half of the lock screen disappear a few times. Took it back for a replacement and it had rebooting problems so I ended up getting a different phone. I liked the phone a lot but I didn't like the reliability.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones