• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Random Reboots

JohnnyBravo1000

Android Expert
Jun 3, 2010
Luton
Is it possible to do anything to stop this occuring, apart from sending it off to HTC?

The reason I'm asking is because I am due an upgrade soon and can't be bothered with all the messing about - I would also need to unroot and flash a stock ROM.

However, having a phone that I can't use for very long before it conks out is extremely annoying.

I've read on here that tightening the screws around the battery can solve or reduce the problem, but I've no idea if that's true or not.

What is your phone doing when it reboots? It's often kernel related on rooted devices

The screen will go black, then it will vibrate four times and stay on a screen with a pink dot. Think the pink dot symbol is something to do with the fact I'm on T-Mobile.

I will then need to pull the battery in order to reboot. If I don't leave the phone a while before rebooting t will repeat the process.

Upvote 0
Sorry, let me rephrase. What was the.phone doing immediately before the reboot?

Apologies for misunderstanding. :eek:

I don't have to be doing anything in particular. However, it's usually when I'm browsing the internet, playing a game, using a forum app etc.

Does it get hot?

It does sometimes feel hot, yes. I'm guessing it's the motherboard problem that many others are suffering from?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones