• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Random Reboots?

I have only had this happen once... but it wasn't exactly the same thing. I had the phone plugged in ... sitting on the table next to my couch...

Next time I looked at the phone I was at the bootloader screen (The screen you get when you power up while holding the trackball). I pulled the battery and it hasn't happened again. Very weird.

Upvote 0
This has happened to me also. It typically happens after a phone call. Sometimes the screen will freeze after a call and then reboot after a min. Other times the call will end, but the green call icon will stay in the top left. I can't select the activity because the top drawer won't pull down and then the phone will reboot.

It seems like making calls is the weakest point of the phone.

Upvote 0
Well then lucky you.. what's your secret? I had to reboot yesterday to get my APNs to work again and then today I had another random reboot when I was trying to answer a call.
The phone rings twice, I check who's calling and try to slide the unlock bar.. Once, twice, three times to no avail when suddenly, without even powering down I see the startup logo appear on my screen..

It just snapped from the incoming call screen to the bootloader in a second after freezing for like 2 seconds.
I have no clue what could have caused this =/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones