Random Reboots?Support

Last Updated: 2012-01-18 20:43:26
  1. STeVe7320

STeVe7320 Well-Known Member

My girlfriend just recently got her first android, the revolution, and she's running into problems with it randomly rebooting. Sometimes the home screen will randomly refresh. Any fix for this?

Advertisement
  2. quiklives

quiklives Well-Known Member

As a general rule, I would suggest a home replacement app like ADW or Go Launcher as a first try at fixing it. It removes a lot of the "skin" and lets the phone run better. Get rid of a task launcher if she has one, they cause more trouble than they fix.

If it was my phone, I'd root it and go searching for a nice clean, minimalist ROM and kernel to cut down on the bloat and wasted cpu cycles, but that's a whole order of magnitude above a home replacement app and involves voiding your warranty, etc, so I try not to suggest it too strongly to anyone who feels unsure.
    STeVe7320 likes this.
  3. STeVe7320

I'm familiar with rooting, just not sure if she would be cool with it. That would probably be a last resort. Going to run the idea of a new launcher by her.
  4. STeVe7320

Lol I'm digging the Droid incredible 2 myself, but yea. After my Ally now her revo. Screw LG.