• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Random Reboots?

Anyone else with the cliq xt having random reboots? my gf just got one a few days back and her's has been rebooting every now and again after tmo did a ota reset.

I haven't had that happen at all. Not sure whether that would be a software or hardware issue. You might want to jump on the MOTO XT board. They got real MOTO guys on there and they might have a better idea for you.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/google-android/cliqxt

Upvote 0
If your within the first 90 days of purchase (I'm %99 sure) and you call t-mobile. They will send you a new device. I've had mine since a few days after it came out and I never had 1 random reboot, that's not a good sign. When you call you may wanna play it up a bit, tell them it's rebooting like 10 times a day or something so they don't stick you with what may or may not be a factory defective phone. Once that 90 days is up you can't get a free new one. I'd call and complain until they sent me a new device. That's just me though. I pay a big bill every month and I've bough ten a ton of phones from them, so if my phones are the least bit defective I want a new one.

Upvote 0
depending on how many apps you have downloaded onto your phone it shouldnt reboot on its own. the biggest causes of these reboots are a flaw in a app or program. however it is always a good idea to do a soft reboot on your phone once a day to keep it running in the fastest shape. a soft reboot is a short term for software reboot but try uninstalling the recent added apps if any if that doesnt help you might have to reload the operating software on it which is never a good thing to have to do on a new phone and can be really frustrating but those are usually the steps to be taken before they will replace a phone under the warrenty

Upvote 0
reformat your sd card. mine kept rebooting and freezing so i reformatted. you might want to back up all your files on the computer first.

You can try this and you can also try a new microSD card. Browsing the official support forums at the Motorola site will reveal various reboots associated with use of the camera, camcorder, picture galleries, etc. Something about the phone's interaction with the SD card not only corrupts the SD card, but also cripples phone functionality once the SD is corrupted.

Upvote 0
:mad: my phone has this problem too actualy this is the 3rd cliq xt that ive had this problem out of they just keep sending me new ones and they all SUCK just got this one wednesday and it was allready rebooting its self by friday i called t-mobile and the sent me to tech support and he told me that i need to update it that i have a 1.5 verison so ive been trying to update it for 2 days now and it keeps saying its up to date no up dates necessary

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones