• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help random restarts?

Getting them as well, tried a hard reset. No dice. It has rebooted randomly while in my pocket, in the middle of the night while charging and now the oddest one today while talking to my brother right in the middle of the conversation. While the start animation and noise was happening I could hear my brother in the background saying "Hello?... are you still there" Once it was back on the call was lost, and even the record of the call my recent calls. Very strange. Can't wait for a replacement! Seems like I got a real lemon.

Upvote 0
when you exchange the phone < 30 days (if bought it over the phone):

1. do you have to pay restocking and shipping for the new phone
2. do they let you keep the phone until you get the new phone.
3. do they restart the 30 days after getting the new phone, or is that and you can't return/exchange if it messes up again?

Upvote 0
What resolved this for me:
Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Enable Always-on mobile data > Make sure this is checked and enabled.

I read a 'Battery saving' tip to disable this, i'm guessing some people did this. I did it and it does save a lot of battery but it causes the UI to lock up and freeze as well as intermitent reboots with constant connection failures (manual reconnect needed constantly)

Once enabled again reboots stopped.. my big battery saver was this from another thread-

"
press HOME, and bring up the dialer. Dial *#*#4636#*#* (Do not press "Call"). After a second, it should bring up the "Testing" menu.

Go into Phone Information, press MENU, and tap "select radio band." You should experience a Force Close, don't panic, this was supposed to happen. Scrolling down shows that the preferred network type is GSM auto (prl).

What this means is that even though you are connected to a CDMA network, your phone is trying to find a GSM network, preventing the radio from sleeping, and causing excessive battery drain.

Remedy this by tapping GSM auto (prl), and changing it to CDMA auto (prl).

Now your done, your TWS should drop dramatically, and you should experience much better battery life!"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones