• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Random shut down- anyone else having this problem?

i wouldnt call mine shutdown. instead it rebooted (i saw the android word) or whatever that action was (but i checked the last time it was shutdown did not tally with the "reboot" time). everytime this happened, i noticed SD card it automatically "removed". i have just received in my post an 8gb class 4 san disk card and swapped out the default card. so far no problem. it used to have some error messages relating to sd card every 2-3 hrs. :mad: u may want to check out if your SD card is still mounted after your shutdown or reboot. i suspect that is the culprit.

Upvote 0
i wouldnt call mine shutdown. instead it rebooted (i saw the android word) or whatever that action was (but i checked the last time it was shutdown did not tally with the "reboot" time). everytime this happened, i noticed SD card it automatically "removed". i have just received in my post an 8gb class 4 san disk card and swapped out the default card. so far no problem. it used to have some error messages relating to sd card every 2-3 hrs. :mad: u may want to check out if your SD card is still mounted after your shutdown or reboot. i suspect that is the culprit.

i spoke too soon.. my san disk card is giving the same problem as well.. SD card removed by itself. its getting to be irritating when i have to reboot the phone every time this happens. :mad:

Upvote 0
bluffmaster,

i seriously think it is problem with the phone now. but p500 is a very good phone, the dual antenna gives me a signal boost in my workplace which has extremely poor reception. i will just wait for firmware update and hopefully that will rectify the issue.

** btw, i noticed although my san disk 8gb was unmounted, it seemed to automatically mount back. i didnt do any reboot and the card was seen by the phone when i next checked it :) with the default card, reboot is a must to have the card re-detected.

Upvote 0
Tasiagp, I am having the same problem. I have had 2 O1 since December 2010, the first I had to take back as it got so much dust under the screen it had ti be replaced within 4 weeks. The second is causing me major problems with hust constantly freezing and restarting. It can just freeze whether I am in an app, text message, market or the internet, it will freeze and stay in the same screen for about 30secs before it restarts. Whenever it restarts it does say something about the SD card unmounted I think, I have read a lot recently about getting a class 4 SD card. The phone also tells me to update the firmware but I can't as the PC Suite never recognises my phone. Also, this second O1 I am on has a load of dust under the screen. I contacted LG as I am fed up with this phone, they told me to do a factory reset which I will do soon and if it doesn't work to send it off for repair. If I am honest if I cpuld take this back to the retailer and replace it with a new handset I would.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones