• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help random shutdowns/reboots..?

Earlier, I was browsing Facebook on my EVO LTE (completely stock), and it just rebooted on its own. After the HTC screen with the Beats logo at the bottom, I'd get a black screen for a few seconds, and the reboot cycle would start all over again with the HTC quietly brilliant screen... Since then I have not been able to get it to actually start up and load Sense. It just constantly goes HTC quietly brilliant to Sprint to 4G LTE to HTC with Beats logo then black screen and over and over again... Can anyone help? I really don't want to hard reset unless I absolutely have to because I would hate to set everything up again... and also I don't want to hard reset because I can't get into Google Wallet to reset the security settings or whatever... Thanks!

This same thing happened to me last week. I was finally able to do a hard reset, and it fixed the issue only until I rebooted the phone again. Took it to Sprint, and ended up having to get a new phone.
Good luck.

Upvote 0
Ever since the latest notification update my phone has been having issues. Lots of shutdowns on it's own and error reports to HTC. Notifications on SMS messages are also somewhat hosed. Randomly when I turn the screen back on there will several and it starts vibrating as soon as I hit the power button to turn the screen on. Looking in the error log sent to HTC it has quite a few items about LED blink. Not good since I rely on it for critical messages from work. Anybody else seeing these type things?

Upvote 0
He has owned the phone for a couple months.
It doesn't power up. Plugged in, nothing!
He tells me when it did work, if he was talking on it for a while, it would get hot and just re-boot.
Anyone ever had these problems? I guess he's heading to Sprint tomorrow.
I told him he should have bought the Galaxy SIII..hehe..;)

EDIT: Sprint is taking it back and giving him a refurbished one.

Upvote 0
Hi, I've been reviewing older posts, but haven't been able to find anything that fixes my situation.

My phone keeps restarting itself I get the HTC/beats screen and the Sprint/LTE screen, but it never boots all the way up and I am never able to view the phone when plugged into my computer.

I am able to get to the white boot screen.

here is what it says:

*** LOCKED ***
JEWEL PVT SHIPS S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.19.0000
RADIO-1.12.11.0809
OpenDSP-v29.1.0.45.0622
eMMc-boot
Aug 9 2012, 15:14:25

then all the fastboot, recpvery, etc. options.

Upvote 0
Hi, I've been reviewing older posts, but haven't been able to find anything that fixes my situation.

My phone keeps restarting itself I get the HTC/beats screen and the Sprint/LTE screen, but it never boots all the way up and I am never able to view the phone when plugged into my computer.

I am able to get to the white boot screen.

here is what it says:

*** LOCKED ***
JEWEL PVT SHIPS S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.19.0000
RADIO-1.12.11.0809
OpenDSP-v29.1.0.45.0622
eMMc-boot
Aug 9 2012, 15:14:25

then all the fastboot, recpvery, etc. options.

Welcome to the forums!! :D

It appears to me that you are fully stock and not rooted, can you confirm this before we proceed?

Have you made any changes to your device right before this started happening?

Upvote 0
hi all,
i have this HUAWEI ASCEND G300 that is giving me troubles and the crazy thing is that it had worked perfect in the first mount, but for the last 2 it gave me nightmers

it just shuts down and i can restart it only if i take out the battery and put it back on
i have bought it from vodafone and i have send it back only to came with the same problem

after i upgrade it to 4.0.3 it happened less frequent (from 2-4 times a day to 1-2 times)
i have disable fast boot and that have reduce the problem also (about 1 time at 2 days)

the problem is random, sometimes the phone just sets on the desk and it happens, sometimes when it charges, or just sits in my pocket, sometimes just after i finish a conversation and set it down, but never when i do something with the phone (talking, texting, browsing etc)

i know it's not the battery because i have a couple of them and the problem is still there

Upvote 0
It doesn't seem to matter whether it's plugged in or not. Not reboot, just complete shut off. There's no warning, either. It just goes from working to completely off. At first I thought it might be a battery problem but the electronics store said that it probably isn't considering that there's no warning. When I talked to Sprint, I was told it's probably either a memory problem, although I just cleared a bunch of apps a few weeks ago, or that I'd downloaded an app that corrupted the phone somehow. Is there any way to fix this without spending megabucks or buying a new phone?

Upvote 0
My phone did this for the first time the other day. Mine is stock had it sine launch. I was in Miami away on work. I believe in my case it has something to do with Sprint converting its towers over to new 3g and LTE here in Florida. My signal strength for 3 days would flucuate high to none while in the same spot. 4g would come on for a few minutes then go back to 3g. It has been doing this where I live in Tampa for about 3 months now. But in Miami I had like 6 apps that Play was trying to update during a very low signal slow 3g moments. The first app got stuck at 1% download. The phone got really hot and rebooted. When it came back up the apps tried to update again and same thing happened. I went in and cancelled all of updates and phone cooled off and stayed on. Over the next 2 days down there my phone would get hot in my pocket and while doing any downloads or online it would get hot. 3g looked to be really slow and stuck with the 3g icon up arrow stuck lit up. Broswer could not connect to any webpages during these times. Last note, after reboot my phone sound profile all changed including notifications sounds. Strange.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones