Random shutting down after official upgrade to Android 2.1

Last Updated:

1. janci82

janci82 New Member This Topic's Starter

Please help,

One week ago I uograded my Acer Liquid E to Android 2.1. I did this upgrade the regular official way and everything went fine. All the applications I had before are working fine. But after the update the phone keeps turning off randomly. After it shuts down I have to remove battery for a second, only after this I am able to turn it on aggain. I tried log collector and alogcat apps but I could not fine the problem.
    Anyone can help?

Thanks

janci

Advertisement
  2. HustlinDaily

HustlinDaily Well-Known Member

This problem you are experiencing, does it involve the phone freezing up in standby and not returning? Or does it shut down while you are using it?

If it is in standby, it might be a bug which some Liquids (including my own) experience when switching between 2G & 3G. What I did was download a shortcut from the market called TestingShortcut and placed it on a homescreen (it accesses the Testing menu which can be accessed by pressing *#*#4636#*#*). When I am in an area with strong 3G, I would go into the testing menu, select phone information and set my phone to 3G only (WCDMA Only) and when I am in a area of not strong 3G, I would set it to 2G only (GSM Only). Since then, I have not experienced this.

If this is not the case, then go to Settings-->About Phone and read out what it says under Baseband Version and Build Number.