random sync issue causing lockup

Last Updated:

1. nelms

nelms Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok as the title states. im having something that syncs, only after a startup. i cant figure out what it is. all i know is that when i see the sync icon in the notification bar it lags really bad. im about to start removing bloatware until i find it. is there any other suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Go to accounts and sync and see if anything's lagging there during that instance. Also, press Google so you can see contacts/gmail/calendar separately to make sure one of them isn't hanging.

Another sync item I've had hang on me at times is Weatherbug. It shows it's sync icon in the upper left corner of the notification bar however.

3. nelms

well i guess i will never know. i tired a nandroid backup. and it only brought back 1/2 my setup had to redownload all apps on sd card. and setup handcent/beautiful widgets/launcherpro... sucks.. but no more random sync. still have no idea what it was. any reason for it not to bring back all of my stuff?

4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Did you just run in once or did you try it a 2nd time? I've heard of people having to run them twice now and then, some odd fluke. Other option I guess is that it did a partial backup in the first place. Haven't heard any instances of that but you never know.

5. nelms

na i just did it once then got mad cause it wasnt all there.. and just reloaded myself... haha