Random "The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly"Support

Last Updated:

1. CP2

CP2 Member This Topic's Starter

So since I got the phone on Thursday, at random, I'll get these popup crash messages, that say "The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly" - it has a "Force Close" button, which doesn't seem to change anything other than to acknowlege the message.

It will happen at random, sometimes while I'm on the home screen, or sending a text message, but more recently, as I was trying to manage & link contacts. When I searched for this message it seemed to be related to people using Gmail, but I always get this message when I'm doing other things and not even touching my Gmail account.

How can I fix this?

Advertisement
  2. jmaeishi

jmaeishi Member

It sounds like you have autosync enabled in your settings. You can look around, I'm not sure, but if you are on stock you might have to have some gmail acct. setup in settings just to get rid of this problem. But either way, you might want to disable background syncing; also, there is mention elswhere that if you have more than one gmail acct., eg. one associated with "Gmail" icon, one with "mail" icon, and you also have notifications on for the Gmail acct., it can trigger similar problems. That said, take a look at the notifications settings for your various apps and see that there's no auto sync toggled on behind the scene that you aren't aware of.

3. chrs

chrs Well-Known Member