• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Random things happen when I plug in my earbuds.

• Thread starter Glitching with my earbuds
  • Start date
G

Glitching with my earbuds

Sometimes I want to listen to a video and I'll plug in my earbuds. When I do, at random times the volume will change (the stroller will change with it) usually making the volume go up but sometimes go down. It also causes Google voice command to pop up and the only way to stop it is by taking out my earbuds. I've reset my phone and it still happens. I haven't checked yet if it's just my earbuds or if there's actually a problem with my phone. The button to pause or play music is not the problem. One extra problem is that my screen with flash black repeatedly. There is no pattern for when it happens or how many times it blinks. It also presses on the screen above and to the left of the square button. I have a LG K10. If anyone can solve either of these problems, it will be appreciated. Thank You!

Well as you say the obvious test is to use different earphones and see whether it still happens. If it doesn't then you have the answer. But if you've done a reset already it's likely to be a hardware problem, just we don't yet know whether it's the phone or earbuds.

Is the screen problem related (which would be odd) or something separate? That also sounds hardware to me. Has the phone been dropped or has it ever got wet?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones