• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Thought Thread

Wow that baby should many more years ahead of it! My uncle (who doesn't know anything about cars) bought a car used car recently...it's a 2009 model with 40,000 miles....yup he bought an ex-rental :rolleyes:

Heh, rentals rack up the miles very quickly all right.

The work being done on mine most often lately has to do with suspension, exhaust system and keeping up with rust.

The major stuff was a valve job at 89,000, head gasket at around 100,000 and the timing chain at 60,000.

I can't do body work worth a darned, so when I spot something serious, after or during just about every Winter, I have to take it in.

It runs great, gets 33mpg around town.. no reason to give it up. Plus I have a 2008 Explorer that I rely on for longer trips.

Upvote 0
I wish touchscreen phones would still have the green Call button and the red End Call button. After all it's still a phone, even though I barely use it as a phone. I just think it would be a more robust design to have those buttons.

I also think it would be great to have hardware buttons for the Home, Menu, Back, and Search buttons. I have the Droid Incredible and the touch buttons are pretty accurate, it would be even more accurate as hardware buttons. I bet it's cheaper to manufacture with less hardware buttons.

Also would like a dedicated camera button. I think it's used often enough to warrant a button.

A bonus would be to have play/pause, ff, and rw, buttons that you can bind to any music player app.

Oh wells, I'm still very happy with my phone/tiny pocket computer.

Upvote 0
I snapped a g-string fingering a minor. Silly guitars.

You do know that guitars play much better if you let them age a few years? :D

In fact they're supposed to sound better because the wood continues to dry. The playability should remain the same unless the humidity changes a lot, in which case the neck will probably bend. Sorry I couldn't resist saying that and ruining the joke.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones