• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Thought Thread

Upvote 0
Hmm a just had a very random thought!! Yes i did very random indeed!
Wow this is an interesting 1!! I never thought of this 1 before!!

Scientists say a "minus multiplied by a minus gives you a positive sign" in mathematics!!
Let us prove this theory and see if it is correct!!
I hope this works! lol hahahah :)

Maybe this is the solution here:

1 - 1 = 0....... this is true so no problems here!

So lets do the original equation here to make sure there are no errors!:
(-1 times 1) + ( -1 times -1) = (0 times -1) because we said in the theory that a minus times a minus must give us a positive result!!!

This now equals...... this!:

-1 + 1 = 0 YES this is still true!! so far so good!! :)

But now we have this -1( 1 -1 ) = -1( 0)

(we have multiplied both sides as a whole by a minus sign to test the theory here....but because we multiply both sides by a minus nothing has changed here and they are still equal! Equations are like a scale they must be balanced at all times...what u do to one side of the equation you must do to the other!)

Both sides are meant to equal nothing or "0" ... because this is what the original equation was here!

but if we want to prove this "random thought" that a minus times a minus gives us a positive sign we must say that the minus times a minus gives us a minus sign and not a positive sign!! Because we are trying to explain the random thought above and prove that it is correct!

Hmm yes so by that logic we now say that a minus times a minus gives us a minus sign!!so therefore we take the previous example of -1( 1 - 1) = (-1) (0) (which shud equal zero)

Also looks like this aswell:

(-1 times 1) + (-1 times -1) = 0 times -1

But here we say a minus times a minus gives us a minus! so we get this!

-1 + (-1) = 0

And we get this!!!!!:

-1 -1 = 0 .....

-2 = 0 THIS IS WRONG!! So the theory is still 100% correct!!!!!!

YAY!!!

(this proves that the scientists theory is correct in saying that a minus times a minus does indeed give you a positive sign and not a minus sign!!!

So the theory is 100% correct!! I was right! A minus multiplied by a minus does indeed give you a positive result!!

Does anyone understand what i said above?

Lol i can be very crazy sometimes!! Hahahhahaa lol :D

Upvote 0
Stinky that made my head hurt... I haven't seen problems like that since algebra 2 in High School... Now I see why I didn't continue to college... I like math and all but at times it gets complicated...

In other news... i'm hungry but tonight is supposed to be our Beffalo Wild Wings night... He still has another hour before he gets off and I dont think I can wait... Yes... I'm thinking a large fry from McDonalds will suffice... :D

Upvote 0
Stinky that made my head hurt... I haven't seen problems like that since algebra 2 in High School... Now I see why I didn't continue to college... I like math and all but at times it gets complicated...

Hahhaaa lol Seddy dude! But...i have this to say...

Random thought:

It is incredible to see Elbert Einstein... who once had problems dealing with maths and had ADHD become a world pioneer in it! ;)

Albert Einstein and ADHD - OrganizedWisdom Health

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I dont know how this thought came to my head, but I was watching dude wheres my car last night when I got to thinking...

Evolution, usually happens on a large scale compared to individual with groups of species evolving relative to their surroundings, and usually evolve in the same relative period of time and rate. Yet each individual handles and reacts to their surroundings differently than others. So if all individuals handle thier surrounding differently and adapt differently how do they evolve so similarly? my thoughts are that wen communicate with others in our species about our surroundings on some sort of telepathic level, (ex. women spend a lot of time together their periods eventually will start around the same time) and that there has got to be a way to figure out which body part or sensor/receptors there are that allow all of this background information to be sent. once thats found out be able to communicate telepathically near flawlessly. I think this is seen with other species as well.

didnt get much further than this in my thoughts though the "and then" scene came on and got my attention :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones