• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Thought Thread

Were "Daisy Dukes" a thing before the Dukes of Hazzard TV show, or is that where it came from?
God yes. Decades before.

Her full name was Daisy Mae Duke and she was absolutely styled after Lil' Abner's sweetheart, Daisy Mae from the comic strip that started in 1934 -

Abner_1957-09-081.jpg

Short shorts made a fad hit and were sold as Hot Pants in department stores everywhere, 7 years prior to the Dukes of Hazzard TV show. Exactly the amount of time for a TV network to decide that something is safe to show.

And I have family photo albums of our gals wearing them in the 40s and 50s.

963de852d0ffc11db8f12c76f3aabb25.jpg

(generic Internet photo lol, circa 1940)

Definitely an enduring thing before the TV show, only the name was changed.

Or just modified if you know your comics history. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We were at the beach, time to hit the bar - footwear required. WifelyMon was sans sandals or flip-flops, I offered to go back. "No problem," and produced a pair of Nyoshoos out of nowhere. First I'd seen or heard of them. Door staff checking beach bums for some kind of shoes - gates her right in. :D

circle.jpg

(little loop around toe, big one around ankle, done lmao)

Upvote 0
How come when you get money out of a ATM even if your only getting a $20 ....... the machine sounds as if it's counting soo much money ?
It's personality chip is based on Scrooge McDuck.

I have a love-hate relationship with roses: I love their scent, and I like to look at the blooms , but I hate caring for the bush.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones