• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Thought Thread

Well that sucks. Did you get a look at what kind of car it was? It must have had some major damage to it's front end to crush your rear end that badly. If you were going 55 at the time, he must have been flying!

No idea... didn't see him coming, didn't see him going.

... maybe it was ALIENS.

Upvote 0
Don't blame Rick.

Attachments

• 1442521999390.jpg
    1442521999390.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 52
Upvote 0
Someone recently reminded me that in addition to my apparent superpower of "not getting struck by lightning", I also have the superpower of "not getting injured in scary-bad crashes".

Seriously, this is the fourth motor-vehicle accident (one in which I was a passenger on a motorcycle) I have been involved in where one of the vehicles was totalled and I have walked away from virtually unscathed.

Mind, this is over the course of some thirty years... I'm Dangerous, but quite that dangerous.

Upvote 0
Someone recently reminded me that in addition to my apparent superpower of "not getting struck by lightning", I also have the superpower of "not getting injured in scary-bad crashes".

Seriously, this is the fourth motor-vehicle accident (one in which I was a passenger on a motorcycle) I have been involved in where one of the vehicles was totalled and I have walked away from virtually unscathed.

Mind, this is over the course of some thirty years... I'm Dangerous, but quite that dangerous.
Knock on wood...

Upvote 0
Don't know what this bug is, but it is scary huge considering it looks similar to a mosquito. It is hanging by it's front legs off a clothesline, and holding a bee in its other four legs.

I took a dozen pictures, but this is the only one that turned out well... still not bad for a cell phone picture.
Scary Bug.png

Upvote 0
Don't know what this bug is, but it is scary huge considering it looks similar to a mosquito. It is hanging by it's front legs off a clothesline, and holding a bee in its other four legs.

I work with entomologists & others who know a lot about bugs, so this morning I asked one of our guys & he said this:

"I am pretty sure that this is a robber fly, also called an assassin fly (different from an assassin bug). Family Asilidae.

http://www.bugguide.net/node/view/151

Based on the way it is hanging by its front legs, I would guess it is in the genus Diogmites, the Hanging-thieves.

http://bugguide.net/node/view/4600/bgpage

That is a really cool picture. So neat to see things like that actually happen. One does not want to be a flying insect with a hungry robber fly around."

Upvote 0
My son is a HUGE fan of the band Men Without Hats, & he's apparently Facebook friends with the lead singer, Ivan. My son & his wife are having a housewarming party next month for their new house, & they sent the invites through Facebook... and invited Ivan. He RSVP'd that he's coming - what do you think are the odds he's REALLY going to be there? :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My son is a HUGE fan of the band, Men Without Hats, & he's apparently Facebook friends with the lead singer. My son & his wife are having a housewarming party next month for their new house, & they sent the invites through Facebook... and invited Ivan. He RSVP'd that he's coming - what do you think are the odds he's REALLY going to be there? :p

Gee, thanks for making me remember that song. :rolleyes:

The real question is, will there be a mass Safety Dance at the party? :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones