• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Thought Thread

opera-singer.jpg

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
You can see why mankind invented religion can't you?

I most certainly do. However, I do believe that religion, in its initial concept was not the destructive commodity it is today. It was a way for humans to make sense of what they could not understand. Sadly though, it has been hijacked and preverted by the wickedness of those in power.

Upvote 0
I most certainly do. However, I do believe that religion, in its initial concept was not the destructive commodity it is today. It was a way for humans to make sense of what they could not understand. Sadly though, it has been hijacked and preverted by the wickedness of those in power.

Totally agree. As you say, all too easy to be used by humans for other dangerous purposes. And we are, after all very tribalistic.
But I wonder if there will ever be a time when science can provide answers for everything we do not currently understand too well. But there's one big question it never will, that's for sure - what happens when you die.

Upvote 0
Went to the beach with nephew and niece last week. Nephew (7) flying kite, niece (4) fascinated and jealous. So she does the only reasonable thing. She finds a 1FT square hunk of broken up asphalt, (somehow) manhandles it over next to her brother.....and stands on top of it, arms raised above her head, reaching for the kite. Still not tall enough, but more determined than ever, she started looking around for something else to add to the pile. True story, more delightful than any words I could find would convey.:D

Better?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones