Random ThumbnailsSupport

Last Updated:

1. isaemm

isaemm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was looking into a couple folders on my SD Card and came accross a bunch of thumbnail pictures that I didnt put I my phone. They are in my .bookmark_thumb1 and .htcnews folders. Just a bunch of random pictures. THe bookmark one I noticed some of them but the .htcnews ones I didnt. How do I stop those pictures from being put onto my card without me saving them? There are a couple hundred. I deleted them just now but I bet they will just come back. Any settings that I have to switch to stop this?

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

the bookmark folder is thumbnails for the bookmark app...those ar ebookmarks saved on your phone. the issue I ran into is when i delete a bookmark...the image remains.. keep in mind also that if you delete the images in that folder...they are replaced with a new image the next time you use that bookmark to open that page...but then all of your bookmarks will have no thumbnail pic in when you view them as thumbnails

the htc new ones are related to the htc news widget/app I do not use this app and have removed it from the phone (rooted) so I can not suggest anything regarding those