• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Random white "HTC" screen

JaRN99

Android Enthusiast
Jul 30, 2010
Ok....anyone else have this problem? At times when I back out of an app or close it I get the white "HTC" screen. That screen lasts only second or two & then it seems like Sense is reloading. I say that because when the clock comes back up it takes a second or two for the weather to show up....same for "Friend Stream" posts, song on music widget, info on calendar widget & people listed in favorites widget. When it does this everything in the status bar on top of screen is fine. Seems to only do this when backing out of things. It has happened when backing/closing out of Hanging With Friends, messages widget, Facebook & The Market. There might be more but those are the ones I remember. Only had my Rezound for about a week and does this at least once every day. Any help is appreciated....Thnx.

I have not experienced your problem. I hope someone has and has a suggested fix. It does sound like it's reloading.. like a pc would that is way short on resources.
If it were my phone, I'd like at least try powering it off and pulling the battery out for a few. It just takes a minute.. might do something.. I hope someone with some experience with the problem can help out.

Upvote 0
I have had that problem. Got my phone in December ... and have had it happen just a few times. If it was happening to me daily I'd take it back and have them replace it with a new phone (since it's still in the return window). It doesn't bother me much, because it doesn't happen often, but it almost sounds like there's a glitch in your phone's memory circuits or something.

Upvote 0
That makes sense since it would always happen on my Inc 2 also. When it happened on that phone it was mainly when closing out of Hanging. And also when happening on my Rezound if I do a restart then it'll run fine for a while before it does it again. Just wonder why once it starts doing to then it'll do it when using other apps also....not always just Hanging.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones