Randomly doesn't ringSupport

1. camphill

camphill Well-Known Member

I've about had it with this phone not ringing on incoming calls. I have Verizon with a solid 3 bars of 4G signal. People call me later in the day and ask why I never called them back. Because the phone never rang, I never get a notification of a missed call and no way of knowing a voice mail was left.

Anyone else experiencing this? My friend does and he's about to pull the trigger on a new phone even though he's only had his Note 3 for 4 months.

Advertisement
    :
  2. esn

esn Well-Known Member

I just left Verizon due to lack of signal now on att and no issues at all. I believe your call problems are due to all the upgrading these carriers are doing to their networks.
  3. Methos1979

Methos1979 Well-Known Member

I get this on Verizon as well but it's not the phone, it's Verizon. I've had it on other carriers as well. It's a phone company thing and I'm not sure why it happens but it is quite annoying.

The one difference with my phone is that I DO get notifications of a missed call and voicemail, if they left one. I'm not sure why you're not getting notifications. I assume you've got the notifications for this turned on?

I use Light Flow which lets me configure specific colored lights, tones and vibration patterns for notifications, including things like missed calls and voicemails. Maybe give that a try so you at least know you've missed a call.
  4. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

You won't get a notification if the call never actually made it to your phone--even though it was *ringing* on the callers end.

This is not a problem of the phone but the provider & it happens with all of them.

It's right up there with getting a text hours/days after it had been sent to you.
  5. camphill

camphill Well-Known Member

I don't remember if I had this issue with my Moto phone but since I've had this phone it probably happens a couple times a week since October.