Randomly not receiving text messages/how to retrieve deleted textsSupport

1. betchaann

betchaann New Member

Ok, I have been having trouble with my phone not receiving all of my text messages. This has been going on for a few months, but I don't know how often it is doing it since I don't know that I was supposed to get a text. It isn't from any certain carrier or user, because I've noticed it happening from both Verizon and AT&T users, and I still get most of the messages from those people.There doesn't seem to be any kind of pattern at all. It is very frustrating, because I only find out about it when people happen to bring up that they texted me about something when we are talking, so I don't even know how many texts I am not getting. Now people think I am just being rude by ignoring them and I don't even know that they are upset with me!

I thought that they were just not coming through at all. However, today I noticed something that makes me think the phone is just deleting the messages as soon as it gets them. This morning my phone beeped like I had a message. I looked at it right away and I saw both the notification puzzle piece on the lock screen and the message content flash on the notification bar at the top like normal...but when I unlocked the screen, nothing was there! It was like it never happened at all. I don't even know who it was from to find out what it was about. Thinking back though I realize that there have been lots of times recently that my phone has vibrated but didn't show any notification of anything happening.

I called Verizon and they said they weren't aware of it being a common problem and reset something on their end. They said to call back in a few days if it doesn't solve the problem, but there is no way for me to know that I am not getting a message unless I happen to catch it as it happens like I did today.

I saw some similar threads that make me think I am not alone. Is else is having this problem and has figured out a solution? I am thinking that probably more people are affected than know they are because how would they know?

Anyway, my biggest problem right now is that I want to know, if I am right and the phone is receiving the messages and then just deleting them, if there is a way to retrieve the deleted texts (or at least find out who they were from). I really want to know who texted me earlier, and I was thinking that since it was just today that it might still be recoverable.

Does anyone know how to retrieve recently deleted texts?

Advertisement
  2. Gr8Jeepin

Gr8Jeepin Well-Known Member

im not sure how to retrieve lost text. Have you looked up on my verizon to cross reference the received text messages? if they show there then you you know it is def the phone. if they arent there then it would lead me to believe its a verizon issue.
  3. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Well-Known Member

4. Bozz5384

Bozz5384 Well-Known Member

I too wasn't always receiving text messages, but don't know how many -- but have had people tell me they texted and never heard back. Ones I know of were from VZW to me as well as T-Mobile at least once.

I've read that NoLED has been blamed for this problem too -- so I disabled it last week late to see if that helped but hate not having it running.
  5. BMGRAHAM

BMGRAHAM Member

I have had the same thing happen to me. Furthermore I use the SMS Unread widget and it knows there is an unread message that I can't see.

I suddenly had a brainwave and tried it out, it seems to work. I already have My Backup Pro so I backed my sms then used the My Backups View option to look at the backed up sms messages. There was a message backed up that I couls not see in my text messages on the phone in the sms app but which I could read from the backup.