1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Randomly sets ringer volume to 0? Randomly set to silent?Support

1. WebKat

WebKat Well-Known Member

I missed a call the other day because I didn't hear my phone. Then I caught a call because I happened to have the phone on the desk next to me and I saw the screen come on and saw the incoming call, but it wasn't ringing. After the call I checked and sound was ON. I checked volume, and the volume sliders for ringer and media were both all the way to the left (0 volume). I didn't set them that way, I know that. And this isn't the first time it's happened.

And just now when I went to look at my phone to see what the media slider was called (couldn't remember at the moment) it said my phone was set to silent!

Why doesn't my phone want me to hear it? Why does it keep setting itself (in various ways) so that it doesn't audibly ring?!

Anyone else have these problems?

Advertisement
    :
  2. omoanya

omoanya Well-Known Member

Yes, I am having the same problem with my S3 and no one on this forum seems to have an answer
  3. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Are you pressing the volume down button when you don't realize it? In other words, if you have the phone in your pocket, is it possible that something is pressing against the volume down button?
  4. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

I've been using Ring Guard for years, it's a dependable app for sure. You can't accidently change the volume.
  5. WebKat

WebKat Well-Known Member

Thanks--I'm downloading it now