Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

1. ElasticNinja

ElasticNinja Well-Known Member

I did a water acidity test together with a Guy in Arizona once myself. Why are you undertaking this odd project :)

I'm going to Manhattan in October... ill wave at every East Asian Guy i see in case its youuuuuuu :p :D
  2. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Oh why are you going to Manhattan? Vacation?
  3. ElasticNinja

On vacation for a week. Going with the folks tho :L
    Wish my family was wealthy like a certain someone's family :p so i could go with my class in November
  4. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

I grew up 50 miles from Manhattan - you couldn't pay me to go back.

Why doesn't this forum have a link to the last post? If you check a site like Broadband reports, they list the pages, and then an "e" which goes to the last current post.
  5. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

You simply haven't found it yet. ;) It's a blue arrow beside the name of the last poster, right under the time of the last post.

For the first unread post, there is another blue arrow beside the thread title.
  6. ElasticNinja

Enjoying Glastonbury :)

on the TV :(
  7. zuben el genub

Thanks - the arrow could have been a way to PM you.
  8. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

What grinds my gears? People that post classified ads for their phones (whether it be on forums, craigslist, etc) and claim they're "Only 1 week old!", "Only used for 3 days!". Well, if that's true, return it to the damn store that you bought it from! Surely you didn't sign up for service with _______ to get a subsidized phone, then decide after a couple days it wasn't for you, but instead of returning the phone and canceling your service you sell the phone and pay the ETF? This is always a big red flag for me and so it really irritates me because it's obvious these people are just trying to take advantage of others.
  9. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Grrrrr. People on XDA who take the work of a developer, run it through the dsixda kitchen, pass it off as a "build", get "recognised developer" status from XDA and pull in donations. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, really annoys me.
  10. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Lv 60 Bounty Hunter Moderator

XDA in general
    lionrain likes this.
  11. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I like XDA. Its a good resource for people who want to modify and great to learn something technical/advanced. It certainly doesn't have the sense of community we have here, but its not really the same sort of community. Its less a fun community than it is a technical library of skills and products.

For that, it is unparalleled.

Obviously I post here a lot more but it is invaluable imho.
  12. ElasticNinja

I have less then 10 posts in XDA :D
    AF FTW :p
  13. NightAngel79

I don't disagree. I have had to go there when rooting my nookcolor (i feel dirty every time i go there:)) Its just a different sort of monster over there is all.
  14. zuben el genub

Sometimes XDA needs a lexicon! I get a kick out of reading some of the stuff, besides the info.
  15. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

Every once in a while I find helpful info for a noob on XDA but I have to agree....it feels dirty. ;)

What irritates me is taking my phone off the charger at 6:45 am and by 10 am it is at 24% battery remaining. The only things I've done are be on the phandroid app and delete a few emails. Oh well, minor details I guess.
  16. ElasticNinja

I think you need a new phone.. or a decent ROM ;)
  17. BabyBlues

*hugging my phone* I'm not ready to give up my baby yet. Lol. And I wouldn't even have a clue where to start gathering info to learn to root to be able to have a decent ROM.
  18. ElasticNinja

Its so easy! :D At least on my phone. ZTE dont understand the concept of "Security :p
  19. BabyBlues

Yeah I'm sure once you know what you're doing its easy.
  20. NightAngel79

Sounds like you have a rogue app
    do you use systempanel? Batteryleft widget? great for finding out what app may be culprit
  21. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

I think they are talking about real smartphones and not a wanna be smartphone :rolleyes:
  22. BabyBlues

No but I will in a minute. Thanks
  23. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

my dinc was already rooted but I just put a kingdom rom with sense 3.0 and I am in love with it. Tempting to go back to my dinc.
  24. ElasticNinja

W/e at least we are actually getting 2.3.4 :D
  25. ElasticNinja

I never even rooted my phone