• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

P66db90.gif

Reactions: kct1975
Upvote 0
Maybe that's part of it. I know a guy that gets turned on when his wife poops on him... :(

Crazy sexual desires like this are almost always linked to terrible abuse somewhere earlier in life. I've known a lot (A LOT) of abuse survivors, and strange guilt-inducing sexual desires are a common trait amongst them. That, or a complete lack of interest entirely (I'm on that end of the spectrum myself)

you could have kept that one to yourself lol

Upvote 0
Mowing on a riding mower isn't too bad, unless you have a yard that is a PITA to maneuver one in, or if your mower doesn't run well, like the one I used growing up.

I haven't mowed a lawn in a while though due to xeriscaping. Very popular trend out here in the southwest where water is scarce. Using rocks and desert plants that don't require the water useage that a lawn does.

I do think a neat lawn looks better though, and is definitely nice for spending time outdoors.

Upvote 0
At the doctor's office right now... wi-fi is iffy, and 3G is nonexistent...

My lovely lady had to use the ladies room, and she dropped her vaping mod on the floor. The sub ohm tank's glass shattered.

Damn it.

With her PTSD and anxiety, these things happen. She just needs to slow down, and think before acting.

Poor thing.

I'm not looking forward to mowing the grass. Hopefully, my mod will arrive, and I'll be sharing it, vaping her 30 mg Sasisha blend.

From my weed days, there's only one word to describe Sashisha -

HARSH
LW

Upvote 0
My rant is that 5.1 has been out for well over a month now, almost 2, and there has not been a word out of Google about the Nexus 9 receiving it.

Here I am sitting and waiting

acH1sdv.gif
bjacks12, when Android first got started, it was a unique and endearing experience. Now, due to its worldwide marketshare, and - let's face it, folks - the independent devs are getting the cold shoulder, due to certain aspects of Android becoming more proprietary - it is what it is. The warm, fuzzy feeling is starting to fade.

Here's a rant for you - look at the recent changes in Chrome. Google's saying "Come to me, come to me..." with their app upgrades, Google+ to compete and become a part of other online communities like Facebook and Instagram... yet, Chrome now only allows you to clear your history, as I see nothing mentioned in the 'Tools' area about cache. Thank goodness for Ghostery and NoScript.

I tried NoScript on Firefox, and it disabled chat within my lady's Pogo experience... to me, it's no big deal - but, to her - oh, boy.

I still like Android. However, the bloom is coming off of the rose. For example, I met my dev buddies on Google+ - people who gave me directions to XDA and Team Nocturnal, and advice.

Now, Google+ have soccer moms who just 'happen' to own an HTC One M9, and think that rooting is something that pigs do...

May everyone's hump day get off to a better start than ours - we were awakened by our neighbor's Doberman at 4:30 this morning... LW

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You can enable that chat permanently with NoScript. I have some pages where a few scripts are permanently allowed.

As to what Google is doing - I still prefer esoteric phones that use the bands I need. I don't care about fashion, so a thin phone isn't "in" as far as I'm concerned. I want my SD card and removable battery.
By the way, zuben, thank you for the NoScript heads-up. I did go through all of the different scripts to see which one enabled the chat in Pogo, and nothing seemed to cure the problem, so, I whitelisted the site (enabled all scripts) and, to my surprise, the chat rooms for that badge game were fritzed on Pogo's end.

So, thanx again, and say hello to The Vulcan.
LW

Upvote 0
8:00 AM appointment, for my lady's pain management doctor.

My rant: a lady in her thirties comes in, looking sick as can be. She said: "Thank you for seeing me today. My primary care doc got my tests in yesterday, and I've got strep throat..."

They didn't even give her a mask. PattiCake, GMash, mikedt - if you were a singer like me, struggling... wouldn't you be pissed? Especially when she was coughing like a barking seal without covering her mouth.

Damn it!

LW

I started heading

Upvote 0
As to what Google is doing - I still prefer esoteric phones that use the bands I need. I don't care about fashion, so a thin phone isn't "in" as far as I'm concerned. I want my SD card and removable battery.

LG has some good news for you in that case.

@LOveWerks , You can still clear everything in chrome. I do it from time to time as a force of habit.

Upvote 0
Sorry, won't touch LG with a 10 foot pole. LG was skewered for their smart TVs. TVs had microphones enabled if you enabled smart features. You could use TV as a dumb TV, but you were paying for features you didn't need. I don't trust them.

The Nexus 4 is just sitting while I decide what to do with it. I never liked the phone. I prefer my Oppo.

This is from Appleinsider, but similar articles were all over the Daily Rotation Aggregator earlier this year.
http://appleinsider.com/articles/13...are-ads-report-your-behavior-in-creepy-detail

This is like Sony and the DRM where Sony wanted you to buy a CD for every device.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
People who don't know how a merging lane works.
People who don't know how a stop sign works.
People who don't know how their directionals work.
People who drive small cars and make turns like they are driving a 30 foot box truck.
People who pull out in front of you at the last minute just to make the right turn 5 feet from where they pulled out.
People who are not courteous.
People who hate anyone who is different than they are.
People in general
Yellow lights that turn red.
Rap.

Upvote 0
I talked to a man yesterday who is absolutely convinced that there is no 'drought' in California, and that there is plenty of water underground... we just had a dry winter which is why the lakes and reservoirs are low. No matter that the well companies are making bank this year, drilling new wells all over the place. And just because there is water there, it doesn't mean it's potable or sufficient to water crops with (you guys hear about the oil companies selling petroleum waste water to farmers? Real cheap water, contaminated as hell, but cheap!).

Let's not worry about the potential for sinkholes, earthquake triggering, or contaminated water supplies, everything is just fine! I mean, if this were really a drought, then people would be moving away, right?

Reactions: CrimsonToker
Upvote 0
Dude, I totally hear you! I'm in northern Cali, and we're feeling the drought hard here.

And while I'm at it, my pet peeve about being from northern California is everyone thinks San Fransisco is northern California. Look at a map. San Fran is almost exactly half way between the two sides of the state. Meanwhile, I'm in Humboldt county, two hours from Oregon. That's northern California

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones