• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

People that answer the phone, ask who you're calling for, then ask who's calling, only to immediately say oh they are not available would you like to leave a message?

So, if I was someone else would they be available or not?
Perhaps.

I screen all my wife's calls, and 90% of them are B.S. or can be handled by me.

So yes, tell me who you are and I'll think about making her available to talk to you. Leave a message, and I will pass it on to her.

Reactions: Lordvincent 90
Upvote 0
Anyone ever get the recording when you pick up the phone "Please continue to hold for an important call." Um, yeah, ain't happening. ~click~
Yeah, I thought about mentioning that. My latest favorite (to hang up on) is the computerized voice that asks "can you hear me okay?" before starting it's spiel.

Reactions: kct1975
Upvote 0
Speaking of cold callers, I had some guy call me the other day, asking if I'd had a car accident in the last few years. Obviously ambulance chasing. When I started asking him some questions, like who are you, and other basic stuff, he got very irate, and said *I* was wasting *his* time!
Now let me see, you cold called me, and now accusing me of wasting your time.
Oh the irony!
I immediately told him to f*** off and slammed down the phone. With hindsight I should have gone on wasting his time :D

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones