Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

1. melissapugs

melissapugs Well-Known Member

I really need this today...
    1. Warez seekers all over XDA. Pay up your $2 for an app that some dev spend the better part of his life breaking his back on so you could have a cooler whatchamacallit.
    2. Veterinarians and their exorbitant gd'ing highway robbery prices that they can get away with and they overcharge for every mother blessed thing and why can't they just heal my baby?!
    3. The Google Nav beeotch cutting my sentences off even when I mute her skanky voice.
    4. People who are surprised that they get pregnant when they don't use birth control. Use the few brain cells God gave you and go get some free trojans from a clinic.
    5. People who compare Steve Jobs to John Lennon. The dude was a brilliant businessman and I have owned several of his innovative products, but let's not go calling a horseshoe a hand grenade.
    6. People who use the word like as an inappropriate adjective, preposition, adverb, conjunction, noun or interjection while trying to sound important. Stop. Stop right now or I will find something handy with which to beat you. Whether you like it or not, the overuse of that word makes you sound like an idiot, no matter what else comes out of your mouth.
    7. The comfy-as-a-pile-of-concrete chairs that my school has in each and every classroom. My ass hurts.
    8. People who refuse to use google as a means to locate information.
    9. Buying things that say 'handwash only' in 1 pt font that I didn't see in the store, despite the 5 million to the power f-it watt fluorescent bulbs spaced ever point four inches throughout the place that is filled to the brim with unmonitored children who like to hit my shins with the carts...and of course I didn't see that little advisement. Parent a little, hire a babysitter or see number 4.
    10. Newegg's restocking fee.
    11. Quiznos ruining my ridiculously overpriced sandwich with a half gallon of mayo. No wonder out country is so friggin fat.
    12. People who throw the word 'misogyny' around. You get treated like an idiot because you're stupid, not because you have breasts. Get used to it, its only going to worsen as your looks go.

Okay. I feel better. Thank you Phases for this thread.

AND what they said. See the Location in my user info. I'm SURROUNDED.
    sadielynn likes this.
  2. melissapugs

melissapugs Well-Known Member

Oops anger had me entering the enter key a bit harsh. My bad you poor, abused thread.
  3. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Well said! Bravo!
    melissapugs likes this.
  4. sadielynn

sadielynn Well-Known Member

Thank you,Melissapugs, for now I know I am not alone :D I agree with most all of that, x1000.
  5. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

I agree, too. I simply don't use half the stuff. I will search with Google, but won't use most of the stuff. I have no public profile with either Google or Yahoo. Gmail is not allowed to sync as it messes up everything on the computers. I can get to an old mail if I have to. (I use Tbird)

Since I can sew, I make my own stuff out of washable fabrics. The fashion industry can stuff it. If I can't throw it in the wash, I don't want it.

The house has to be cat proof. My cats are more valuable to me than new furniture.
    They don't destroy the furniture, but some new fabrics are hell with hair and static electricity.

Tell Quiznos you are allergic to mayo. I have been called names for refusing cheese on sandwiches at Subway.

John Lennon and Steve Jobs were both innovators, but I far prefer Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. For respect - I'd go with Carl Sagan.
  6. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Irritates me when my family thinks I drive aggressively. I do not when they are in the car. They mistake my yelling at people for aggression. Believe me, they have NO idea what aggression from me on the road looks like.
  7. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

Another gripe:
    businesses-wont-let-you-buy-street: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

What is annoying is you can't leave stuff off!

Subway reaches for the cheese automatically. I don't like cheese on sandwiches so say no. I've had one say I was un-American.

Trying not to get sauces on your food is a pain. "The chef designed it specially, it's gourmet" stinks.

I've been known to take the meat to the restroom sink and wash it! Especially with the new touchless sinks. It offends the wait staff. I say good you are offended. I asked for no sauce.

I do have an intolerance to mushrooms. And it's usually instant!
  8. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

I hurt my eye while using a crossbow for the first time. I had it right against the telescopic sight and when I pressed the trigger, the crossbow hit me right above the eye. :mad:

Why wasn't I told that I should not get my face this close to the sight? Maybe I'm just an idiot. It's dangerous, I could have lost the eye! I was even bleeding.

/rant
  9. julianne791

julianne791 Well-Known Member

Ohh no *hugs* Hope your ok
    Why didn't the instructor say something..bloody idiot :mad: :confused:
  10. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

Thanks! :)

It was a relative of mine, not really an instructor. Still I'm glad he let me shoot that thing, although a warning would have been nice. ;)
  11. pucky

pucky Member

Fortunately you did not shoot your relative as well :)

My rant of every day is that I really,really very much have no tolerance for conservative, technology is scary eeeeepppp kind of people.
  12. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

Women!!! Nuff said. Now back to your regular programming.
    Stinky Stinky likes this.
  13. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

without R2 you are dead to me! :p
  14. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Well-Known Member

My Aunt Iris ticked me off. She mailed me a letter, registered, and she is so feeble, she can't even spell her name properly. She thinks her name is spelled IRS. I mean who the heck is IRS, not a name I recognize.

So I tossed it away, like it really matters.
  15. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

Hey had to replace R2's batteries. He's been bopping for a long time.

Talk like that and That bomber in the pic might leave a big surprise for you and you will literally be dead. Then we all will sing on here ding dong the mod is dead, the evil mod:p
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  16. NightAngel79

Threats of unfair bombings grind my gears!
  17. Mada

Mada Well-Known Member

For those in the Alabama area, or been in the area. Highway 280 traffic. End of thread.
  18. julianne791

I'm sick of being unwell all the time, it's bad enough I have to deal with my ongoing health issues already but did my body have to add constant dizziness to that list.. I really don't need this :(
    And then you get idiots people who are friends say well you don't look too sick...alright you live on all the medications I'm taking (3 out of 4 of those cause drowsiness) and a constant medicated haze to keep the pain at bay and see how frigging dandy you are!!

Now I've blown my stack I feel a little better :)
  19. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

mods that think bombings are unfair.
    Who said itt would bee a bomb. I go for overkill.
  20. NightAngel79

Threats of nukes grind my gears!!
    Stinky Stinky likes this.
  21. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Glad the forums could be of service to you. ;) :D
  22. julianne791

Lol ;)
  23. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

Ninjas!! :mad:

Ninjas! Yes Ninjas!

They grind my gears!!

I wanna be a ninja!!

Why can't I be a ninja!!??

I wanna I wanna I wanna!!

:(
    B2L likes this.
  24. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Well-Known Member

NO MORE SYLVANIA 5B FLASH BULBS. That just ticks me off!!! Don't get me started on the discontinuance of Kodachrome. Darn you, Great Yellow Father, you stink.
  25. andruoid

andruoid Well-Known Member

This might be somewhat therapeutic...

Drivers who...

- don't signal
    - leave over a car length or greater gap between the stop line or the car in front of them at a light. (who is teaching this?!).
    - forget that their high beams are on
    - tail gate
    - text and drive ...with kids in the car (double face-palm and foot to the face!)

All new drivers here get a 'L' (Learner's Licence) or 'N' (New Driver) sticker magnet on the back of their cars...

- seeing an L or N on a $60,000+ vehical

Visual stuff...

- 22" street rims with 45 series low profile tires on a Hummer H2 or 3 wannabe ...or worse on an actual Hummer, yup saw one.
    - the new headlight replacement bulbs that can blast through my very dark tinted rear windows, blinding me in the process. (those bulbs should be illegal).
    - noise making mufflers that make a Civic sound like its doing 80KMph (50mph) when it really just starting to accelerate.
    - all you see is hair and eyes peering over the steering wheel
    - boom boxes, really, I don't want to sound older and the music might be ok, its your trunk and/or hood vibrating that makes it so annoying. Sound dampen the bugger.

...probably a few more things but you get the idea ;)
    jayjay1122 and Bob Maxey like this.