• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

You know, I really wish people would engage their brains when driving their car. Isn't it obvious that aggressively accelerating a 1 ton chunk of metal, to high speed, in an environment where pedestrians are walking around and unexpectedly appearing from side roads, is quite dangerous?
FB, Twitter, Youtube and chasing PokeMon are more important.

Reactions: Dngrsone
Upvote 0
Wtf kids??? Every day!

Attachments

• IMG_20170127_201715.jpg
    IMG_20170127_201715.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 64
Upvote 0
I use the Neti pot myself on occasion, and the family home remedy for sickness in general involves chicken soups dosed with cayenne.

A little horseradish paste does a pretty good job of clearing my sinuses; I recommend taking it with a medium-rare piece of beef.

If it makes you guys feel any better, I get to have cameras shoved into various orifices tomorrow, so my diet today is pretty much water. Dngrswife made me some green jello, but that's what, 90% water anyway?

On the plus side: I'll lose a good eight pounds overnight.
Ahhh yes...last year I had both a Colonoscopy and an Endoscopic!

So in the words of Bill Engvall....

After a few hours, what was coming out of my rear was nothing more than Pure Natural Spring Water!

Upvote 0
So I tend to go to bed earlier (by 2100 generally) because I have to get up at 0400 for work.

Everyone else goes to bed whenever... Dngrswife stumbled to the bedroom somewhere around 2300, sets up her laptop to watch Netflix with her headphones on.

She snacks. So here I am, trying to sleep, and I wake to the sound of crackling plastic... that takes forever.

It finally stops. For about thirty seconds, then resumes.

"Do you need scissors, or a knife our something?"

"What? Oh, sorry, just getting some crackers..."

A minute and a half later...

Meanwhile, I have one son in his room next to ours talking with his friends on the internet; and the younger daughter playing a video game in her room, cursing up a storm. For the next three hours.

When I finally get up and go tell the daughter that, hello, there are actually people who want to be sleeping at 0130 in the bloody morning, my wife wonders aloud what's wrong.

Nothing. Nothing is wrong.

I pick up my ebook and read for an hour or so... if I'm going to be awake, might as well make the best of it.

I get maybe an hour of sleep before the alarm goes off. I turn it off and then lie there for twenty minutes, get up and go to take my shower. Wife stares at me as I go... Probably didn't realize what time it was until the shower came on.

So now, the one time all freaking night I could use a little illumination in the bedroom: when I need to get dressed, the laptop is closed and put away and it's pitch dark.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So I tend to go to bed earlier (by 2100 generally) because I have to get up at 0400 for work.

Everyone else goes to bed whenever... Dngrswife stumbled to the bedroom somewhere around 2300, sets up her laptop to watch Netflix with her headphones on.

She snacks. So here I am, trying to sleep, and I wake to the sound of crackling plastic... that takes forever.

It finally stops. For about thirty seconds, then resumes.

"Do you need scissors, or a knife our something?"

"What? Oh, sorry, just getting some crackers..."

A minute and a half later...

Meanwhile, I have one son in his room next to ours talking with his friends on the internet; and the younger daughter playing a video game in her room, cursing up a storm. For the next three hours.

When I finally get up and go tell the daughter that, hello, there are actually people who want to be sleeping at 0130 in the bloody morning, my wife wonders aloud what's wrong.

Nothing. Nothing is wrong.

I pick up my ebook and read for an hour or so... if I'm going to be awake, might as well make the best of it.

I get maybe an hour of sleep before the alarm goes off. I turn it off and then lie there for twenty minutes, get up and go to take my shower. Wife stares at me as I go... Probably didn't realize what time it was until the shower came on.

So now, the one time all freaking night I could use a little illumination in the bedroom: when I need to get dressed, the laptop is closed and put away and it's pitch dark.
If there is a hell, I'm pretty sure that's what it will be like.

Upvote 0
I've promised MrsPsionandy I'm not going to tweet or Facebook again for the next 12 hours.....

... its slightly easier by the fact that I'm planning on sleeping for 8 of those hours... but that leaves at least 4 hours cold turkey time*

* Stop laughing at my pain... I know i'm pathetic...

Upvote 0
I've promised MrsPsionandy I'm not going to tweet or Facebook again for the next 12 hours.....

... its slightly easier by the fact that I'm planning on sleeping for 8 of those hours... but that leaves at least 4 hours cold turkey time*

* Stop laughing at my pain... I know i'm pathetic...

Guess you're not going to reply to my tweet to you then? :)

Upvote 0
Reactions: psionandy and Gmash
Upvote 0

If you asked me last week.... I'd have laughed at you and said of course not....

However, the other day, I tried to stop... and found that I kept checking it, again and again and again...

It may have been all the current affairs*, it may have been the tiny little endorphin hit when i'm bored, it might just be that i've just got into a habit (rather than an addiction) , but anyway it was trapping me in a bumpy mood, so i've had to put it down for a while, and step away..... And I feel a looooooot better today, may even take the next few days off and go on a facebook vacation for a while.

*which shall of course not be discussed in this thread,

Upvote 0
If you asked me last week.... I'd have laughed at you and said of course not....

However, the other day, I tried to stop... and found that I kept checking it, again and again and again...

It may have been all the current affairs*, it may have been the tiny little endorphin hit when i'm bored, it might just be that i've just got into a habit (rather than an addiction) , but anyway it was trapping me in a bumpy mood, so i've had to put it down for a while, and step away..... And I feel a looooooot better today, may even take the next few days off and go on a facebook vacation for a while.

*which shall of course not be discussed in this thread,

Crikey! Next you'll be saying you're giving up Android Forums!

Upvote 0
If the whole shebang goes on an app, I will have to quit. I don't allow stuff like that on my phone.
Amen, sister.

Dngrswife has Facebook on her phones and it's constantly going off... And her battery life is like half of mine because of it.

I don't like anyone enough to need constant contact with them. It's enough that the wife can get hold of me via text.

Reactions: psionandy
Upvote 0
OK Last time I wanted Julian Rhind-Tutt, but I'm not sure how that would work now...

I have a crazy theory that we might not even get a Doctor for the first few episodes, and we'll have someone else in the lead role

Alternatively
What odds can I get on Peter Capaldi, or a mad flyer on Paul Mcgann or David Tennant turning up as the doctor for timey wimey reasons....

Upvote 0
Amen, sister.

Dngrswife has Facebook on her phones and it's constantly going off... And her battery life is like half of mine because of it.

I don't like anyone enough to need constant contact with them. It's enough that the wife can get hold of me via text.

I hooked up the Vulcan's phone to the car. (not easy, it's a flip) Now he can call while he's driving. He has a distinctive ringtone, so I can ignore him. With the flip, he won't text, but he will read them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones