• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

I don't like sweets. I'd head for the chili verde fritos.

Unless the taste is close to the remembrance of the pastries and cakes from the German Bakery in town, nothing tastes good.
I'm down with that... Though I'd just as well dispense with the Fritos... Just some rice and beans.

Dangit, now I'm hungry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Again.

Attachments

• IMG_rkkzqg.png
    IMG_rkkzqg.png
    423.6 KB · Views: 123
Upvote 0
Mother-in-law has owned her Jeep Wrangler for something like fifteen years, and yet suddenly there is a problem with her air-filter. It's the same setup she's had since she got the vehicle from the dealer, but now they are telling her that she can't get it smogged until a CARB EO sticker is got for the air-filter modification.

To top it off, the smog guy gave her the wrong manufacturer so we wasted a bunch of time trying to get a sticker from these guys, who are saying that there are parts missing (a "heat shield")... I called them, and the guy told me to get a list of part numbers to order the correct accessories, take a picture of the completed installation plus other documentation to get the sticker.

After comparing the printout of the installation instructions with what came with the Jeep, this is obviously not the same installation.

Seriously, the name of the part manufacturer is boldly printed on the parts and it was definitely not what the smog guy told her.

I looked it up this afternoon, and found the correct part number for the kit, hoping that I can call them tomorrow and get a stupid sticker or a reasonable price for the missing "water shield" and get this thing smogged soon.

Such a PitA

Upvote 0
When you look forward to a yummy piece of chocolate cake.

Then you take a bite and realize it tastes like soybeans and the frosting is like sugar free pudding that's been sitting in the fridge for a week.

I downed a glass of chocolate milk in rage.
Haha, I'm loving the visual of you rage-chugging a glass of chocolate milk to wash the taste of fake cake out of your mouth. Then, in my minds eye, you slam the glass down on the table, let out a belch, then say to anybody in earshot, "that's more like it, dammit!" :)

Upvote 0
Haha, I'm loving the visual of you rage-chugging a glass of chocolate milk to wash the taste of fake cake out of your mouth. Then, in my minds eye, you slam the glass down on the table, let out a belch, then say to anybody in earshot, "that's more like it, dammit!" :)

That is so accurate it's almost scary. You a psychic? I do have a lot of electronic devices with cameras. LOL

I did the belch and I did say something similar. Just add a few more expletives.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones